SQ Begins 4 x daily to Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    and the other 2 flights using A333's. I cannot stand those planes. So small and cramped.
    Actually, I quite fancy the 2-seaters by the window.

Comment

I prefer 767 and 777s in Y-class though if traveling alone. I'd go for an aisle seat in between the aisles towards the rear. Reduces the chances of getting disturbed by other pax going to the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        but when the flights are totally full, i feel so cramped up, and when everyone is getting out or going to the toilets after meals....

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Yes I think these and the upper deck of the A380 are the best economy options.

Comment

but when the flights are totally full, i feel so cramped up, and when everyone is getting out or going to the toilets after meals....
            It's even worse on the 777s, IMO. If you're on an aisle seat on the window sides you can have 2 people trying to get in and out, versus one on the A330.

Comment

This is why people love sitting next to me- I take a window seat and only get up once every 6 hours

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                It's even worse on the 777s, IMO. If you're on an aisle seat on the window sides you can have 2 people trying to get in and out, versus one on the A330.
                I guess its the low ceilings as well which add to it i guess. If you take the middle row, its the same...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  This is why people love sitting next to me- I take a window seat and only get up once every 6 hours
                  Same... except that I always stay seated for 12 hours LHR-SIN

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                  Yes I think these and the upper deck of the A380 are the best economy options.
                  I'd prefer A330. I don't want to take a chance with A380. I got swapped once with the all-business class upper deck.

What I can't understand is why such a long haul (AMS and HND notably) still uses 772, and also CGK known to use 77W on certain SIN-CGK flight in the past)? Do they have enough 77W to do the duty? I understand that A330 range can't cover SIN-AMS, so I exclude that.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    Same... except that I always stay seated for 12 hours LHR-SIN

I'd prefer A330. I don't want to take a chance with A380. I got swapped once with the all-business class upper deck.

What I can't understand is why such a long haul (AMS and HND notably) still uses 772, and also CGK known to use 77W on certain SIN-CGK flight in the past)? Do they have enough 77W to do the duty? I understand that A330 range can't cover SIN-AMS, so I exclude that.
                    You can't really compare AMS and HND to CGK. Roughly 12/13 hrs, 6.5 hrs and 1.5 hrs each way. Hardly interchangeable.

CGK is so short a flight, my guess is 77W for CGK was by matter of utilizing what aircraft were available for dispatch due to a schedule mismatch or considering utlization and equipment needs in the rest of the system and was only running temporarily. You can bet that that 77W only had time for the CGK turnaround before headed straight on to perform a long haul mission elsewhere.
                    Last edited by Short Final; 11 December 2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, the factors of utilising gaps in 77W schedules is the major factor in their use on short-hauls, as well as giving local markets a chance to experience a newer product. Most of the Europe long-hauls leave at midnight and return at dawn meaning that a lot of them would sit idle on the tarmac unless they were sent to closer destinations.

The other factor I think is the presence of an F-cabin. I get the distinct impression from successive failed attempts to introduce the 77W that AMS just doesn't seem to have sufficient F market for daily service but C and Y have ample. CGK on the other hand, has so much demand for the F that they are keeping 9V-SQF well beyond it's use-by date just to keep its very faded F-cabin in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Yes, the factors of utilising gaps in 77W schedules is the major factor in their use on short-hauls, as well as giving local markets a chance to experience a newer product. Most of the Europe long-hauls leave at midnight and return at dawn meaning that a lot of them would sit idle on the tarmac unless they were sent to closer destinations.

The other factor I think is the presence of an F-cabin. I get the distinct impression from successive failed attempts to introduce the 77W that AMS just doesn't seem to have sufficient F market for daily service but C and Y have ample. CGK on the other hand, has so much demand for the F that they are keeping 9V-SQF well beyond it's use-by date just to keep its very faded F-cabin in the air.
                        I was going to CGK this week, and i was told the whole flight including F was full....i guess they really have a huge demand for F still for this route..

Comment

I was going to CGK this week, and i was told the whole flight including F was full....i guess they really have a huge demand for F still for this route..
                          theres no 77W deployed to CGK for this Northwen Winter Season

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                            theres no 77W deployed to CGK for this Northwen Winter Season
                            Yes. thats why there is SQF

Comment

Working...
                            X