Suites or not, that is the question? [Online Multi-City Booking with R]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suites or not, that is the question? [Online Multi-City Booking with R]

I have just been planing my next trip on www.singaporeair.com using Multi-City/Stopover, using first and suites for class. Five flights in total.

In the Multi-City Itinerary part the first two flights come up suite and bussiness (no F or R on the plane), which it should. The next two are also correct. But the last one shows suite, but when you go to book, it changes to bussiness class. I have check and there are suites available on this flight.

So would I be in J or R if I went ahead and book it? Fare type shows as first and suites for all flights.

Which routes are this, and maybe contact SQ, I'm sure with that itenary in F or R, they will be glad to get a Singaporean agent to talk to you

Comment

Originally Posted by E-Aviation
      Which routes are this, and maybe contact SQ, I'm sure with that itenary in F or R, they will be glad to get a Singaporean agent to talk to you
      The problem route is SIN to LHR.

Yes I can always phone through to Singapore Airlines and book it.

But just wanted to know if anyone else has the same sort of problems using the Multi-City/Stopover when going F and R class, as it is the first time for me, normally just use it for J class with out any problems!

Comment

I have had similar problems with the website, especially then doing Multicity-/Stopover booking. Maybe LHR-SIN is available in R, but suddenly the connecting flight is only possible to book in Business, or I can select it in R (or F) on both flights, but in the final itinerary it is shown as Business-Class, the Farebasis is still F or R-Class.

Sometimes it works (mostly if the travel date are only a few days ahead) or I have to make a booking straight through to the final destination and call SIA, that they should rebook one segment, to create a stopover. Mostly they have to ad some taxes for the stopover from my creditcard if I do it that way....

The R-Fare, booked on the Internet is a special RNET-Fare, and is only available on their website. If I do the booking via telephone or via a travel agent it is mostly much higher. That makes the problem even more worse....

Comment

Originally posted by Fisk View Post
          The R-Fare, booked on the Internet is a special RNET-Fare, and is only available on their website. If I do the booking via telephone or via a travel agent it is mostly much higher. That makes the problem even more worse....
          Phone Singapore Airlines to check things out and it would be about £10,000 more to do it over the phone, than online. (Must be the RNET-FARE you where on about!) Have been testing different ways of doing the same booking and have found away round it.

Comment

The Singapore Airlines Suites were launched in 2007 and to this day their booking engine and yield management system cannot cope.

It really is a farce. You cannot sell your most expensive and exclusive product on your own website ? That really is an embarassment. What's more - there seems to be absolutely no sense of urgency in the organisation to rectify the problem.

My colleague was advised to phone up the call centre and ask for the internet fare as he is unable to purchase R all the way through (LHRSYD) online.

Comment

Working...
            X