SQ's A340 pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's A340 pilots

I was wondering, before the arrival of the A380s and A330s the A340-500s were the only Airbuses flown by SQ right? So were their pilots only trained for Airbus aircraft or were they trained for Boeings too? If not, then doesn't that mean they only fly to EWR and LAX?

Hope someone can shed some light on this

I am sure SQ was flying A300B4 & A340-313 before the aircraft you have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ221 View Post
      I am sure SQ was flying A300B4 & A340-313 before the aircraft you have mentioned.
      there is a significant time lapse between the Celestar and the 345s,

Comment

You forgot the A310s.

Comment

They would have only been certified on one aircraft anyway.

Comment

Aren't all Airbus aircraft all very close in terms type rating?

Comment

Aren't all Airbus aircraft all very close in terms type rating?

kind of, A320, A330, A340 & A380 are, you will need to do an upgrade course. Are A310 & A300 are not as close and you need to do a whole new rating say if you want to fly an A330. This is my understanding.

Comment

The A310s left in 2004, and that same year the A345s arrived right? So IIRC between 2004 and 2007 the A345s were the only Airbuses flown by SQ, or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  The A310s left in 2004, and that same year the A345s arrived right? So IIRC between 2004 and 2007 the A345s were the only Airbuses flown by SQ, or am I wrong?
                  I dont think the A310s left the fleet in 04

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    doesn't that mean they only fly to EWR and LAX?
                    Wasn't that why the A340s used to shuttle down to CGK? So that pilots had enough take offs and landings to maintain their type rating?

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                      Wasn't that why the A340s used to shuttle down to CGK? So that pilots had enough take offs and landings to maintain their type rating?
                      I think they also had it for them to familiarize themselves with the plane?

Comment

This topic was actually partially covered in this thread some time back.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8145

Comment

Working...
                        X