IFE System Hang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFE System Hang

I realise IFE on the 77W/A380/A330 will hang easily than the other SQ aircrafts, what are your experiences?

For example, whenever I listen to audio music on demand on 77W/A380/A330, stored as many as 20-30 songs into 'My Playlist', after a while, the IFE will surely get hang.

Do you guys experience IFE system hang often on your flights?

"hanging IFE" is not uncommon even in its older version.

Comment

Originally Posted by feb01mel
      Do you guys experience IFE system hang often on your flights?
      Yes, mainly on the A380. Not many on old aircraft and never on A330.

The last one on the A380 was caused by the headphones, ever time you plug the headphones in the IFE hung, I was in J class so tried using the headphone socket on the other side of the seat and all was ok after that. Connection problem I would think, shorting out maybe.

Comment

was on b777-300er the other day and my system has a glitch after have been using for some hours (lax-hkg). the scroll button becomes misplaced one bar up, so if every time i want to make a selection, i must choose one button up.

Comment

Originally posted by albert View Post
          (lax-hkg).
          Err....you mean SFO-HKG?

Comment

if you inform the stews on board, and they cannot resolve it, they're supposed to give you some kind of voucher.

Comment

Originally Posted by coffeeblack
              if you inform the stews on board, and they cannot resolve it, they're supposed to give you some kind of voucher
              Yes they give you a voucher for the on board duty free. The more you moan the greater the voucher. But most times it just needs a reboot and all is fine.

Comment

I never experienced IFE hanging. But I think the user interface and OS can be more responsive. Maybe time to upgrade to a touchscreen system ( a.ka. iPhone )?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                  Yes they give you a voucher for the on board duty free. The more you moan the greater the voucher. But most times it just needs a reboot and all is fine.
                  They rebooted the system when i was on a flight at christmas. I was right in the middle of a film as well

Comment

Originally Posted by FN-GM
                    They rebooted the system when i was on a flight at christmas. I was right in the middle of a film as well
                    That is what the FORWARD buttom is for on the handset, so you can quickly get back to the place in the film you where before the reboot.

The best time for a hang or reboot is when you are just about to get an all time high score in one off the games.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      Err....you mean SFO-HKG?
                      yea my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                        I never experienced IFE hanging. But I think the user interface and OS can be more responsive. Maybe time to upgrade to a touchscreen system ( a.ka. iPhone )?
                        No touchscreen please! As "fun" as that is to do on your phones, I don't want my neighbor behind me to be punching my seatback thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                          No touchscreen please! As "fun" as that is to do on your phones, I don't want my neighbor behind me to be punching my seatback thankyouverymuch.
                          Yah and generally the screens will be dirty with all the finger marks! Not to mention higher chances of failure for such screens, as well as being very unresponsive (take the touch-screen PTV's on EK and LH for example).
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I like EK's remote control pads on some of their newer planes like the 77w but i don't foresee them appearing on SQ anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                              I like EK's remote control pads on some of their newer planes like the 77w but i don't foresee them appearing on SQ anytime soon.
                              aren't both SQ and EK using ex2 on their new planes? i thought SQ is the first one to introduce the system with the introduction of B777-300er in 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X