Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines And Spanair Sign Codeshare Agreement

Singapore Airlines And Spanair Sign Codeshare Agreement

From 17 May 2010, customers of Singapore Airlines can enjoy convenient connections from Barcelona’s El Prat Airport to three domestic destinations in Spain, under a codeshare agreement with Spanair.

The codeshare arrangement allows Singapore Airlines’ customers to travel on Spanair’s services between the following city pairs: Barcelona and Madrid, Barcelona and Palma Mallorca, and Barcelona and Bilbao. Reciprocally, Spanair’s customers can travel on Singapore Airlines’ services from Spain to Singapore via Barcelona.

The flights are now open for sale.

Said Singapore Airlines Executive Vice President Marketing & the Regions, Mr Huang Cheng Eng: “The codeshare arrangements with our Star Alliance partner Spanair will improve connectivity between Singapore and another three important cities in Spain. It reflects our commitment to offer our customers convenient connections and greater flexibility when planning their travel itineraries by offering them more choice of destinations.”

Madrid, Spain’s capital city, is the centre of the country’s economic, political, social and cultural activities. It is a vibrant city full of museums, art galleries and restaurants, in addition to being a shopping paradise.

Palma is the capital city of the Spanish island of Mallorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea. Besides its famous beaches, the island is noted for its fine restaurants, nightlife, excellent museums, parks and shopping.

Bilbao is the largest city in the Basque Country and the Provincial Capital of Biscay. It is a major seaport and industrial centre.

Said Spanair commercial director, Mrs Nuria Tarré: “We are very happy and proud to offer our customers a unique travel experience connecting Spain and Singapore via our hub in Barcelona. Our partnership with Singapore Airlines will offer more connectivity, more comfort as well as premium benefits like our different VIP lounges around Spanair’s airports.”

Spanair S.A is a major airline in Spain based in Barcelona. It has an extensive route network of scheduled passenger services within Spain and its islands, Africa, the Mediterranean countries and Europe. Its main hubs are at Barajas International Airport, Madrid and El Prat International Airport, Barcelona.

A. Singapore Airlines Codeshare on flights Operated by Spanair:

(i) Sectors: Barcelona-Madrid vv
    Spanair Operating Flight No: JK427
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2427
    Route: Barcelona-Madrid
    Days of Operation: 6

Spanair Operating Flight No: JK453
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2453
    Route: Barcelona-Madrid
    Days of Operation: 5

Spanair Operating Flight No: JK446
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2446
    Route: Madrid-Barcelona
    Days of Operation: 1,2,3,4,5

(ii) Sectors: Barcelona-Palma Mallorca vv
    Spanair Operating Flight No: JK5706
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2406
    Route: Barcelona-Palma Mallorca
    Days of Operation: 1,2,3,4,5,7

Spanair Operating Flight No: JK5701
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2401
    Route: Palma Mallorca-Barcelona
    Days of Operation: 1,2,3,4,5,6

(iii) Sectors: Barcelona-Bilbao vv
    Spanair Operating Flight No: JK6516
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2416
    Route: Barcelona-Bilbao

Spanair Operating Flight No: JK6501
    SIA Marketing Flight No: SQ 2403
    Route: Bilbao-Barcelona

B. Spanair Codeshare on flights Operated by Singapore Airlines:

Sectors: Singapore-Barcelona vv
    SIA Operating Flight No: SQ378
    Spanair Marketing Flight No: JK 9951
    Route: Singapore-Barcelona
    Days of Operation: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

SIA Operating Flight No: SQ377
    Spanair Marketing Flight No: JK 9950
    Route: Barcelona-Singapore
    Days of Operation: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    Last edited by feb01mel; 11 May 2010, 03:50 PM.

Bilbao beckons in 2011 I think

Comment

can these flights be booked online?

I tried the SQ website but there is no means of booking a flight from Singapore to Bilbao yet - do we have to wait until the 17th?

Comment

Whilst the codeshare is no doubt convenient, SQ premium passengers will be a little shocked with JK operated flights in any class, whether economy or economy with peanuts AKA business. As for the premium benefits mentioned in the press release, Spanair lounges are not in that league.

Comment

I still enjoyed my short JK jaunt from MUC-BCN. A good chance for pax keen to immerse in the Spanish culture. I'll consider this route for sure, especially in J.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            Bilbao beckons in 2011 I think
            The Guggenheim would only take a couple of hours. Drive out and stay in San Sebastian. Tapas and three star Michelins in SS. Let me know when you and the family are planning to go. I think Mrs 9V-SIA might also like to check out some of the spa treatments in SS.

Comment

Another for San Sebastian - a charming little town by the sea where the locals are obsessed with eating.

Besides Ryanair to Biarritz just over the border in France, the only other direct flight from the UK to that region is Easyjet from Stansted. And then a comfortable 1-hour ride on a coach to San Sebastian (don't take the train which takes hours and hours!). Choice of accommodation including the SPG Maria Cristina (with one of the most fun hydrotherapy spas I've come across - a room full of self-operated water gadgets in various pools; plus Vichy showers etc) and nice B&B's overlooking the bay. Hopping from one bar to another, having a small beer in each and eating only the speciality of that bar is an enjoyable way to spend an evening.

Comment

Biarritz/Bilbao/San Sebastian DO 2011 in the making?

I'm interested...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Biarritz/Bilbao/San Sebastian DO 2011 in the making?

I'm interested...
                  Sounds good to me. Even though I've been to San Sebastian about half a dozen times over the years, I'll gladly go again!

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                  No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                  X