PYOBP at LHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PYOBP at LHR

I've just OLCI'd for my SQ321 tonight and for the first time in using SQ I've been able to print an online BP. However the text both on the BP and on the OLCI screen would seem to indicate that I still need to go to the check-in counter for ID verification. Is this the case? If so, it seems to negate the benefit of OLCI/PYOBP as I don't have any luggage to check-in. Or can I in fact go straight to security? I enterd my passport details in as part of the OLCI process.

Having forgotten that OLCI opens at T-48 for SQ I was still surprised to see no seat choice at all available on my flight tonight. I'm not complaining as I'm in 14A on the A380 already which is a decent seat, but I was still a little surprised at the lack of choice available.
    Check out my Trip Reports at:
    Phil's Travel Diary

You still need to get your printed BP stamped at the check in counter, i guess this is to check if you have a valid passport/visa for your destination.

The OCLI opened 48 hrs, thats correct, but people who booked from SQ.com, can select their seat as soon as the booking process is finished, so by the time OCLI opened, many seats are taken already.

Comment

Remember London is one of the most profitables routes on SQ, & many who booked on its website will definitely choose a seat in business class once booking process has finished.

If you look ahead 6 months, some London flights in Dec are already fully booked on SQ & most of the seats have been selected.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
        I've just OLCI'd for my SQ321 tonight and for the first time in using SQ I've been able to print an online BP. However the text both on the BP and on the OLCI screen would seem to indicate that I still need to go to the check-in counter for ID verification. Is this the case? If so, it seems to negate the benefit of OLCI/PYOBP as I don't have any luggage to check-in. Or can I in fact go straight to security? I enterd my passport details in as part of the OLCI process.
        Yes, rather annoyingly you still need to go to check-in anyway, and I agree it negates much of the point of OLCI. I rarely bother.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Yes, rather annoyingly you still need to go to check-in anyway, and I agree it negates much of the point of OLCI. I rarely bother.
          It still doesn't beat the absurdity of receiving SQ BPs for UA at a non-SIN stop, only to be forced to check in again at the transit counter and (gasp!) they rip up the red SQ BPs and receive the vanilla plain UA BPs.

And it's not like it's a quick walk from the SKL to the transit counter near the B gates either.

Comment

Working...
          X