SQ in 'non D gates at Suvarnabhumi shock'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ in 'non D gates at Suvarnabhumi shock'

Well knock me down wiv a feather. Arrived on SQ976 on Friday and peering out of the windows was horrified to see us taxi past the D apron, roundf the next bit and dock at a C gate.

OK, it was C1, which is close in, but I have been very impressed with how SQ had managed to get D gates bang in front of immigration.

What's gone wrong ?.

Hi Man Flyer - NEVER FEAR! it's temporary....

for the last more than one month there has been taxiway works around the lower C and lower D gates on that corner. SQ have used C gates and the higher D gates during this time, e.g. D6 yesterday. Thai are bussing pax (how unusual!) from the C gates that are affected.

If you take a look you might see part of the ground ripped up at times, or machines working on new taxiway.

Cheers!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Here is the 'NOTAM' (Notice to Airmen)

A0986/10 - TAXILANE T8 (FM BEHIND ACFT STAND C4 TO TAXILANE T12) AND
      TAXILANE T12 (FM TAXILANE T8 TO BEHIND ACFT STAND D3)
      CLSD DUE WIP
      RMK 1.ACFT STAND C2 C4 C6 D1 D2 D3 D4 AND 301 NOT AVBL
      2.ACFT STAND C6R AND D4L AVBL. 28 APR 07:00 2010 UNTIL 19 JUN 07:00 2010.
      It appears it will be this way until 19th June.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        Thai are bussing pax (how unusual!) from the C gates that are affected.
        I can never understand that. It actually takes longer this way...

Comment

same thing happened to me last week, myself plus some other PAX we ended up going wrong way in terminal in auto-pilot mode....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I can never understand that. It actually takes longer this way...
            I just love how they build a nice new airport, and yet, still bus everyone. Although, the TG F bus is hilarious how they get us all onboard quickly so they can close the door on the C passengers.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              Hi Man Flyer - NEVER FEAR! it's temporary....

for the last more than one month there has been taxiway works around the lower C and lower D gates on that corner. SQ have used C gates and the higher D gates during this time, e.g. D6 yesterday. Thai are bussing pax (how unusual!) from the C gates that are affected.
              Ah, so they are closed this month. Last time I was there they were repairing the tarmac in front of C6-8.

If you take a look you might see part of the ground ripped up at times, or machines working on new taxiway.

Cheers!
              I can't remember the last time I went through when they didn't have apron work going on. I suppose that's what you get building it on a swamp...

Comment

Working...
              X