Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know what config the plane will be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know what config the plane will be?

Hi all.

I am looking at the following flights in business class:
    SYD - SIN SQ232 (B777-300)
    SIN - AMS SQ324 (B777-200)

Is there any way to find out what the plane configuration will be? I can see from the seat maps there are several configurations with a large degree of difference between them.

I am trying to redeem my KF points for this flight, so this is about my only option for now unless I go economy class. And yes, I do realise that planes can change at any time.

Thanks in advance,
    pollywaffle.
    Last edited by Pollywaffle; 7 May 2010, 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

SYD-SIN should be the New F / New Regional J / Old Y with PTV if I understand correctly
    SIN-AMS should be Spacebed / Old Y with PTV - similar to SYD-SIN but different seat covers

Comment

Welcome!

SQ's pretty good with not having equipment changes.

Comment

The Sticky at the top of the section would have been a good place to start:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          The Sticky at the top of the section would have been a good place to start:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473
          I had already read through the sticky which along with the Singapore Air website showed different planes, hence my question.

The flight is now booked and I am happy with the result. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollywaffle View Post
            I had already read through the sticky which along with the Singapore Air website showed different planes, hence my question.
            I find the information in the sticky much more specific than on the website. The sticky gives the seat configuration by destination and flight number, so in your case:
            Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            SYD -
            SQ219/232 (77A) = New F, New Regional C, New Y
            AMS – B772ER = Spacebed, Y
            I'm glad the folks here were able to help out. But to assist 9V-JKL, perhaps you could point out where the ambiguity was?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks, jjpb3! After researching her specific flights in the Sticky, I was as confused as you were. 9V-JKL put a lot of effort into that list -- which I find outstanding!
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I find the information in the sticky much more specific than on the website. The sticky gives the seat configuration by destination and flight number, so in your case:

I'm glad the folks here were able to help out. But to assist 9V-JKL, perhaps you could point out where the ambiguity was?
                The sticky, the SQ website and the seating plan websites differentiate bw the 777-200 (3 configs from memory) and the 777-200ER.

When I saw the booking in the redemption page, it always displayed the 777-200 and no mention is made of the 777-200ER.

What made me question which plane is that while attempting dummy bookings to another European city on the SQ site, they clearly showed if the plane was a 777-300 or a 777-300ER.

Given the 777-200ER was never displayed as the plane (even though that is the plane config) that's where my confusion stemmed from.

Hmm...I hope that makes sense.

Comment

sticky updated with seatmap links for the 772/3 now to make it even more idiot-proof.

Thanks for the suggestion for making it even better

Comment

sticky updated with seatmap links for the 772/3 now to make it even more idiot-proof.

Thanks for the suggestion for making it even better
                    Don't think it was confusing at all before.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X