Another glitch on redemption - 73A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another glitch on redemption - 73A

Bored at work, so i go to singaporeair.com just to play around with my booking.

For my July flight SQ232 in J (SYD-SIN) the plane is refurb 773(73A) according to my seat map selection.

So.. i click modify this booking, and change the class to F, and ta da... i saw F saver for this flight!!!

I quickly click next.. next.. next.. agree... pay.... and i got my F saver on 73A..

just hope they dont change the plane to old 773 when i'm flying

Interesting...

Don't they only have one 73A, which is now flying to Melbourne?

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post

just hope they dont change the plane to old 773 when i'm flying
      Worse, they've changed it back to the 772ER, which it is currently.
      Commiserations.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

yea.. got my email changing to 772

Comment

It's so annoying when they do that. I once booked a roundtrip business ticket to HK which was on a 77W with new J seats. One week before flight departs, it was changed to a 772, including return. All SQ could say at that time was that it's due to operation reasons beyond their control. More likely, load was low so they didn't want to go ahead with a bigger plane I supposed.

Comment

yea.. got my email changing to 772
            So you redeemed using F saver, so now is change to 772er with no First Class, how did SQ reply you? They just refund you for Business Class saver? Any form of compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              So you redeemed using F saver, so now is change to 772er with no First Class, how did SQ reply you? They just refund you for Business Class saver? Any form of compensation?
              FWIW, I redeemed a First Saver award for July 2010 SIN-BOM-SIN before SQ422/421 were changed to the "72A".

When the aircraft change was made, SQ:

1. First cancelled and fully re-instated the KF miles redeemed for the First Saver Award (no charge); then,

2. Put through a new Biz Saver redemption for the same flights/dates, with the Internet redemption discount intact (also no charge).

Takes human intervention, though -- not done automatically, and not do-able via the website.

YMMV...............

Comment

Give them a call and demand for the F seat?

Comment

On the email mentioned that someone will call me to explain all this and give me my options, so far no one calling me yet. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow or so if I havent heard from them by then.

In the email, they vaguely mentioned that i will have options to change aircraft, but the proposed flight is still the same SQ232.

I guess they will refund my F saver, then stick me in Biz saver on SQ232.

Comment

On the email mentioned that someone will call me to explain all this and give me my options, so far no one calling me yet. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow or so if I havent heard from them by then.

In the email, they vaguely mentioned that i will have options to change aircraft, but the proposed flight is still the same SQ232.

I guess they will refund my F saver, then stick me in Biz saver on SQ232.
                    Tell them you insist on travelling in F on the same day and on the same flight OR they give you a free redemption in J. Further go on to point out that no one called you when they stated they would. Or at least get them to settle for a discounted redemption in J (half the miles you would originally need to use).
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      Tell them you insist on travelling in F on the same day and on the same flight OR they give you a free redemption in J. Further go on to point out that no one called you when they stated they would. Or at least get them to settle for a discounted redemption in J (half the miles you would originally need to use).
                      sorry, but neither will ever happen. if there is no F on the flight, you certailny wont be allowed to travel in F on the same day and same flight, and SQ would NEVER just give away a free J ticket as compensation. unfortunately, i dont think there is much he can do except take the business saver they will likely offer him.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        sorry, but neither will ever happen. if there is no F on the flight, you certailny wont be allowed to travel in F on the same day and same flight, and SQ would NEVER just give away a free J ticket as compensation. unfortunately, i dont think there is much he can do except take the business saver they will likely offer him.
                        The beginning part was to build up a case towards SQ regarding what was offered initially and then denied in the end (along with the fact that they stated they were suppose to call but did not, although one can argue that they did not state when the call would take place). True, he may not be able to get a free J ticket but at least there is a fighting chance that he may be able to get a ticket in a premium class without having to utilise the entire amount of miles generally required for a full booking.

I personally have had my miles refunded (less 5000) for an upgrade I did from Econ to Biz on a SIN-SYD sector because there was a down-gauge of metal on SQ (old regional Biz class on a 773 as opposed to the refurb 73A)... And this was after the sector was flown... Granted it did take about 2 months of back and forth emails between myself and KF (and with no PPS status as well).
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                        X