First class buggy service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First class buggy service

Just checked in for sq308. Was given my BP and TPR invite. The agent informed me that the gate was quite a walk and if i would like a buggy service i should request it in the lounge.

Just arrived and my buggy to the gate is now confirmed.

Not sure if this is new but I have never been offered this before. Could it be that sq are finally trying to improve their ground services?

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
    Just checked in for sq308. Was given my BP and TPR invite. The agent informed me that the gate was quite a walk and if i would like a buggy service i should request it in the lounge.

Just arrived and my buggy to the gate is now confirmed.

Not sure if this is new but I have never been offered this before. Could it be that sq are finally trying to improve their ground services?
    Not really. The buggy rides have been around for ages. They just don't offer it in the course of day to day flights, but they do for VIPs, short connex, disabled pax amongst others. Also offered to SQTalkers who sometimes just can't be arsed to walk from the SKL T3 to A9 in heels.

Comment

Haha...Gate A17-A21 is the furthest from the immigration.

To frequent flyers who do not know, there is actually a skytrain you can take if your gate is from A15-A21.

Comment

From anecdotal experience, I can say there is no consistent policy. I've never had the buggy offer from SQ. Even at A19. Then again, I'm not VIP. Even when you're carrying two carry-ons, and three shopping bags (big ones).

Perhaps the OP should advise if they are any sort of VIP or hold any KF status?

Comment

Yeah the buggy's have been around for a while, you just need to ask. A guy sat at the bar next to me in the SKL F got one to the gate on the inaugural to MUC, but he requested it due to having a bad back.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

To frequent flyers who do not know, there is actually a skytrain you can take if your gate is from A15-A21.
          Indeed, but if you can see the train pulling away as you approach it's as quick to walk it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            From anecdotal experience, I can say there is no consistent policy. I've never had the buggy offer from SQ. Even at A19. Then again, I'm not VIP. Even when you're carrying two carry-ons, and three shopping bags (big ones).

Perhaps the OP should advise if they are any sort of VIP or hold any KF status?
            Vip - Unfortunately not. Just QPP1.

I ended up sharing the buggy with an eldery couple who were on the same flight in J class. It must be a thing you have to request.

Comment

I have been on one. I had hurt my leg a few days before. I was limping through Changi and someone kindly said they could arrange a lift to my gate. I had a sit down near the coy carp and got a ride. I was going SIN > BNE.

Comment

I believe buggy services are also used to round up the lost sheep who lose track of time... happened to me once.

Comment

I Beleive the buggy can be applied to all class, I once saw 3 buggies trundling up F52 for then 106 to KUL. I happened to be one of the last to board (horribly late as always) and overheard the grround crew said that the peps riding the buggies had a horribly late connection from somewhere.

Probably more of a emergency measure to make sure everyone makes that connection

Comment

had a buggy ride today from uncle S. The girls at the SKL T3 thought It'd be too tiring for me to walk to A15 so they fixed it for me. And I wasn't in F

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      had a buggy ride today from uncle S. The girls at the SKL T3 thought It'd be too tiring for me to walk to A15 so they fixed it for me. And I wasn't in F
                      Of course not! You were in R.
                      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                        Of course not! You were in R.
                        Not quite R either........... so yes, the buggy is not a first class thing - it's based on need and hence it goes unadvertised, and therefore not an entitlement for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X