Best Seating Arrangement with Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seating Arrangement with Child

I am taking SQ38 A340 to LAX with my family next month. My 6 year old son needs assistance with his feeding and I thought the two centre seats would be best for this. My wife tells me that the window + centre seats are actually more convenient (based on her recent Melbourne 777 trip) as the centre seats are blocked by large panels). But I recall from my last A340 trip to LAX 1+ yrs back that there is a big stretch across the aisle. I would appreciate any advise on this. Perhaps also which seat numbers would be best. Thank you.

I would agree with your wife on this to take window + centre as it would be easier to manage your child having seen how my bro-in-law helped his own son.
    Go for row 30.

Comment

Thanks very much! I will take that suggestion. He will be happy to get a window seat also.

I am curious about the seat suggestion- first seat on the last cabin. My usual preference is the first cabin because it is less noisy (from engine) and faster to de-board (and maybe less airframe movement?).

The last cabin is also completely empty both ways at the moment- so maybe it will be less noisy overall. One month to go and the plane is less than 20% filled. SQ must be struggling on this route even at 5x week. Maybe they should not have increase the price back in January.

Comment

The A345 is a relatively quiet plane so not much to worry about.

Row 30 has all 4 seats that are Bulkhead type so all 3 of you will have more space. On the quiet segments of the flight, the curtains where the toilets are do a good job in blocking out the light so its very condusive for sleeping/resting. As you've also pointed out, its empty now and may remain so so you'll may get lots of peace & quiet. In any case, its only 100 seats so de-boarding is bad.

Comment

The emptiest flight that I've did had 3pax and 9 pax while the most was 99pax.
          Sometimes the plane is half full.I think most people wouldn't want to pay the extra over SQ12.(just my 2cents)

Comment

Oops... double post. deleted.
            Last edited by KC*; 30 April 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9v-ml View Post
              I am taking SQ38 A340 to LAX with my family next month. My 6 year old son needs assistance with his feeding and I thought the two centre seats would be best for this. My wife tells me that the window + centre seats are actually more convenient (based on her recent Melbourne 777 trip) as the centre seats are blocked by large panels). But I recall from my last A340 trip to LAX 1+ yrs back that there is a big stretch across the aisle. I would appreciate any advise on this. Perhaps also which seat numbers would be best. Thank you.
              The 77W is a little different from the A340. The 2 centre seats are separated alot more than in the 340, hence the advice from your wife. If my memory does not fail me, the 2 centre seats in the 340 are closer together.

However, the advantage of having window and centre is that you share the same aisle and easier to move over to your child seat for him to get a cuddle. The seat is wide enuf for a very young child to share for a short while with the parent.

Comment

Row 30 on A345

Hope it helps

Comment

Thanks very much for the pix. I think we will try Row 30 on the way out.

But I notice the partition does not seem to be a very large between the two centre seats. We might try 3 in a row to keep options open.

Has anyone seen any research that shows whether the rear part of the plane twists and bends more than the front? And hence be less comfortable? Intuitively, I would think the forward section is 'stronger' and less flexible.

Comment

Working...
                  X