Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Cockpit Invitation

Hi.

With the Tough and Stringent rules with regards to cockpit entry after the 9/11 attacks, i still see a number of cockpit videos displayed on Youtube. Airlines like Air France and KLM are just some of the few exceptions that allow Pilots Wannabe and Airline Enthusiast into the cockpit during the flight.

Has anyone tried with Singapore Airlines or other Airlines? Please do state the Airlines and the experience. Also how did you talk your way through to allow yourself in to the cockpit.

As pax are certainly not allowed in the cockpit during flight, the videos you mention will most likely be taken by the crew, using the pax's camera.

Comment

The last time ive been in the cockpit was 3 years ago onboard SIN-JNB.I was wide awake the whole flight and asked a crew member whether i could take a peek into the cockpit and the pilot actually allowed me to!
      But now its always only after arrivals.Though there was once i passed a note to the cockpit and they replied saying i could visit after arrival but i got turned away by the crew even though i had shown them the note from the cockpit :@

Comment

The most recent policy which I have heard from SQ, although to be honest my last flight on SQ was ages ago, in 2007 for SQ380, they said no cockpit visits even upon arrival or before takeoff that was the new policy, but the IFM allowed it based on the fact that he promised me a model aircraft, but by the time he went to get it it was sold out

Comment

I will be taking my younger brother aged 10 on an SQ flight this year. Would have been nice for him if he could visit the flight deck.

Comment

Last cockpit visit for me was when I used to travel as an Unaccompanied Minor, which was almost 2 decades ago. Those were the days!!

Comment

Bali

I managed to get my 6 year old son to go in the cockpit for a few minutes on our trip to Bali in Jun 09- during boarding period. The pilot was very nice and friendly, and even gave a small souvenir later on. The experience left a tremendous impression on my son- he now wants to be a pilot! He is flying airplanes on the computer (MS FSX) weekly. I think there should be some discretion left to the Captain to make allowances to make a child's day. On our return trip, we were not allowed in.

Comment

Although this maybe a no-brainer and no one has done it yet, please refrain from posting the details that might expose the helpful flight crew who let you into their office. You don't want them to get into trouble, don't you ?

Comment

my friend who took business class by Air France from CDG to ZRH in this year, was invited to visit cockpit during the flight.

Comment

Ah the good old days. Not going to provide details of exact carriers/times - but here they are:
                    • 737-400 (non star-alliance, ASEAN carrier -landing into CNX)
                    • A330-300 (landing in BKI on transit stop, subsequent take off from BKI, landing in KUL) -same carrier as above
                    • 747-400 (all also on above carrier) many times - take off/landings in LHR/KUL/NRT/MEL/HKG
                    • A340-300 (landing in LHR on a carrier 49% owned by a Star Alliance member)
                    Great fun, all pre 9/11 and i miss it.

Comment

A340-300 (landing in LHR on a carrier 49% owned by a Star Alliance member)
                      I had been in a Virgin cockpit myself when i was younger. I can't remember though.

Comment

I was allowed into the cockpit after a domestic flight on NZ. I have not tried asking on SQ.

Comment

Working...
                        X