Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to still ticket last minute in KUL

Hi folks (and especially the resident guru in Malaysia ),

Me is going to send the wife up to Malacca next Sunday and returning alone, I trhought to sneak up to KL a little and catch the 8:30pm bus 119 back.

Not sure if they still do on the spot ticketing at the counter at the airport itself (have really paid attention on this since they terminated the shuttle arrangement) or if I have to pre-book my tickets online.

At RM432 for econ and 711 for the cabin in front, can't blame for developing the itch though, but thanks in advance for clarify this one.

SINFJ

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Hi folks (and especially the resident guru in Malaysia ),

Me is going to send the wife up to Malacca next Sunday and returning alone, I trhought to sneak up to KL a little and catch the 8:30pm bus 119 back.

Not sure if they still do on the spot ticketing at the counter at the airport itself (have really paid attention on this since they terminated the shuttle arrangement) or if I have to pre-book my tickets online.

At RM432 for econ and 711 for the cabin in front, can't blame for developing the itch though, but thanks in advance for clarify this one.

SINFJ
    Yeah, can be done. The ticketing counter is right next to the J check-in area anyway. Be warned though - Bus 119 is quite full usually cause a lot of passengers are using the Changi Bus stop to connect to double decker buses 322,334,346 amongst others.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Yeah, can be done. The ticketing counter is right next to the J check-in area anyway. Be warned though - Bus 119 is quite full usually cause a lot of passengers are using the Changi Bus stop to connect to double decker buses 322,334,346 amongst others.
      Wow this came faster than my mcdonalds brekkie. . Tks again, hopefully can get my shopping done in Low Yat to get to Sentral.

Comment

I once showed up at KLIA, about two hours before the 117 bus leaves KL station, and the ticketing lady told me I was too late to get a ticket for the bus, despite having a few Y seats left! In the end, I had to take the minibus 607

Comment

for such a sgort flight - i would suggest that u take air asia at their Budget LCCT terinal as tickets can be bought at the ticketing counter - and they have 9 flights daily n qite a number of late afternoon to evening flights at less than 1.5 hrs intervals. Last min ticket purchases are at rm120 - 250 depending on which flights which is still at abt half of SQ fares - altho if one book ahead more than 24 - 48 hrs - likely get a cheaper fare.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            for such a sgort flight - i would suggest that u take air asia at their Budget LCCT terinal as tickets can be bought at the ticketing counter - and they have 9 flights daily n qite a number of late afternoon to evening flights at less than 1.5 hrs intervals. Last min ticket purchases are at rm120 - 250 depending on which flights which is still at abt half of SQ fares - altho if one book ahead more than 24 - 48 hrs - likely get a cheaper fare.
            Not to mention you can get a nasi lemak onboard too!
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              Not to mention you can get a nasi lemak onboard too!
              Is that possible on AK for such a short flight?
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                Is that possible on AK for such a short flight?
                Oh yeah. They get a full drinks round in even. (BOB of course)

Comment

Oh yeah. They get a full drinks round in even. (BOB of course)
                  U will be amazed how efficient the AK crew are. Guess they are used to these short flights.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Nice to know if I need to fly to KL from SIN. I normally take a coach..
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Nice to know if I need to fly to KL from SIN. I normally take a coach..
                      Ok!!! AK it is... Then i probably can skip my Nandos chickeen at Lot 10 and head for the nasi on the plane.

Comment

Frankly, only AK's got anything near enough from a frequency and timing perspective to SIN to have a remote chance of catching the 217, 12, 308 or 856 buses from Golden Goose line express coach service. Also gives me a chance to come home after getting off the 222 or 228 bus from the same company.

Comment

yes - full meal service - nasi lemak, chicken rice, sandwiches - and all going for rm10 n below - which is a steal at SIN prices.
                          see : http://www.airasia.com/iwov-resource...ckattackAA.pdf

Comment

Frankly, only AK's got anything near enough from a frequency and timing perspective to SIN to have a remote chance of catching the 217, 12, 308 or 856 buses from Golden Goose line express coach service. Also gives me a chance to come home after getting off the 222 or 228 bus from the same company.
                            Which is a good thing that they are not utilising the Budget Terminal at SIN...

Comment

Which is a good thing that they are not utilising the Budget Terminal at SIN...
                              True, but they don't have airside transfer either (not at transfer D or anywhere else in Changi) - which complicates things when trying to connect to AK cause i have to clear CIQ. Connecting FROM AK is ok. Wish they had that facility.

Comment

Working...
                              X