Connecting to an SQ flight from a different airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to an SQ flight from a different airline

Hi guys, so in June, I will be flying SQ out of Melbourne, however I will flying Virgin Blue from Canberra, arriving in Melbourne a little more than 2 and a half hours the SQ flight departs. Most people say its not a big problem because the domestic and international areas are in the same building, but I was wondering what would happen if I missed the SQ flight?? Cuz I heard there is a lot of fog during winter time in Canberra airport, so I might not be able to make it... Plus it's the only flight I can take to Melbourne as I'm busy the whole day the next day.. So anyway, if I miss the SQ flight, will I be put on the next flight? Or will I have to buy a new ticket??

Depends on what the fare conditions are on your SQ ticket and what the no show fees are.

DJ will most certainly not bear any responsibility for the missed SQ flight.

Comment

Are they both part of the same booking or booked separately?

Comment

They're booked separately.. I really don't know what to do now.. Lesson learnt from short term planning...

Comment

Two and a half hours is plenty at Melbourne, even if there is a slight delay. I've done a similar connection with just 90 minutes to play with, arriving on a domestic Virgin flight and departing on SQ.

Can't comment on Canberra and any fog as I have never been there. If it's bothering you you are going to have to make time for a longer connection, that's the price of travelling I'm afraid.

Comment

wat abt exploring scheduling yr Canberra Virgin earlier? Question of cos is how much is the price difference to top up in order to re-book an earlier flight. Meanwhile, can also explore QF out of Canberra to see if there are cheaper options, and shd it be necessary forego yr Virgin booking? just some thots

Comment

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions, but the thing is I checked Qantas, and the earliest flight that morning is the DJ flight I'm taking. The last flight leaves Canberra to Melbourne the day before in the evening around 5pm but I can't risk taking that, because I might have uni exams that day.. AHH why can't they have just ONE more later flight?? This is insane.. I'm trying to see where in my fare rules, there is a statement about whether I will be put on the next flight...

Comment

Originally posted by SQlankan View Post
                Thank you guys so much for your suggestions, but the thing is I checked Qantas, and the earliest flight that morning is the DJ flight I'm taking. The last flight leaves Canberra to Melbourne the day before in the evening around 5pm but I can't risk taking that, because I might have uni exams that day.. AHH why can't they have just ONE more later flight?? This is insane.. I'm trying to see where in my fare rules, there is a statement about whether I will be put on the next flight...
                Have you tried JetStar?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Have you tried JetStar?
                  Jetstar dont fly to and from Canberra.

Comment

Are you travelling on a Sunday? Every day of the week there is a late flight at 2045 except Saturday.

If so then perhaps on Saturday night drive from Canberra to Sydney and then take the early flight from Sydney to Melbourne on Sunday morning?

Alternatively change your SQ flight to depart from Sydney instead and drive there on Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

Comment

deleted
                      Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X