MI has no more Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI has no more Video

Not sure if this is covered by a previous thread, understand that MI no longer offered it popular portable video. When I traveled to China on MI on more than a dozen occasions, the portable video was useful in passing the 4 hours flight time considering the magazines, newspapers and food/beverages were not that wide in spread or quality.

Since then have heard from a friend who flies about a dozen trips on MI to XMN a year in Business Cabin, no longer has access to it. His complaint was met with the comment that there is adequate onboard entertainment including reading material. He has now switched to Xiamen Airlines in frustrations over the attitude of MI.

I have heard similar complaints from some others.

Oh dear. I'm flying on MI to KMG soon..

Will confirm if this is the case

Comment

Is it now gonna be BYOIFE when flying MI in C?
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
        Is it now gonna be BYOIFE when flying MI in C?
        I was thinking of using the lap top for entertainment provided if the plane has in seat power supply. Probably another cutback by the bean counters who only look at the cost part of the equation. In the end the bean counters always win.

A couple of years ago I was lauding the improvement they made to MI services and those managers do make a difference despite their very limited budget. Feel sorry for them being almost a poor step daughter of SQ.

The removal of video made me think again whether to fly to Xiamen in J cabin when I could get onboard a Xiamen Airlines at a lower cost also in J particularly when I have a family in tow.

Comment

Probably another cutback by the bean counters who only look at the cost part of the equation. In the end the bean counters always win.
          Vote with your money. Buy tickets from another airline over MI and make it known to these bean counters through newspaper forums,emails, survey forms and internet forums the reason for taking your business elsewhere. These bean counters report to someone after all and their mistakes will then come to light.

Feel sorry for them being almost a poor step daughter of SQ.
          You can add SQ Cargo to that, although kinda OT here.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
            I was thinking of using the lap top for entertainment provided if the plane has in seat power supply.
            Well, that and my own supply of CDs and magazines which is becoming more of a norm these days rather than exception. At least this way I'm guaranteed of actually having the IFE entertainment purely of my own choice

Greetings from the EK J lounge in Dubai everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              The removal of video made me think again whether to fly to Xiamen in J cabin when I could get onboard a Xiamen Airlines at a lower cost also in J particularly when I have a family in tow.
              I think the only time I fly MI in C is if its a codeshared onward connection from my SQ flight.

Comment

Just arrived Spring City, Kunming.

Confirmed. No more portable DVD players in J on MI.

Great flight though. And a great crew

Comment

Working...
                X