Travelling on Sub-load tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling on Sub-load tickets

I am not sure if it is appropriate to be posting questions on staff travel here, so moderators, please remove this thread if its not ok.

I will be travelling on a Subload ticket to HKG. This ticket was purchased by my wife who is a staff and I am not. I am going alone on this trip. Last checked, EY was overbooked by 5 seats and J with 20 seats left. I am travelling on Economy.

I would like to know the chances of me getting on the flight, so I can do the necessary preparations. Lots of books etc.

Thanks!

Depends on when you are travelling.

I once had a situation when my flight was overbooked by 15 seats when I checked about 3 weeks before my flight. As the days went on, it gradually reduced until there were 7 seats available on that day itself. Always choose to travel on an off-peak season when travelling on sub-load.

If you are travelling alone, it shouldn't be a problem. Moreover, there are multiple flights to HKG. Just be prepared to run as you might get your boarding pass 30 mins before departure time

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

My flight is this friday, which is also a public holiday. Plus I have to check in baggage. Last checked today, economy is still overbooked by 5 seats. I hope they all disappear by friday!

Comment

Digging out this old thread to ask a staff travel subload question.

My wife-to-be is a crew with SQ, and i'm wondering after we get married, can she help me get subload tickets even if she's not flying with me?

Is there a limitation on how many subload tickets I can buy every year?

So how does check-in works? I have to check-in at staff counter I presume? And does she need to accompany me for check-in?

Thanks!

Comment

If there are no changes to the rules, there should be no limits the number of subload tickets you can buy (I myself being an ex-subloader). However, subload tickets are not that cheap now (sometimes, SQ sale fares are similar or cheaper) till most staff rather buy tickets on other airlines. Also, no confirmation of seats till check-in, and if the flight is overbooked, you would be way at the bottom of the waitlist
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            If there are no changes to the rules, there should be no limits the number of subload tickets you can buy (I myself being an ex-subloader). However, subload tickets are not that cheap now (sometimes, SQ sale fares are similar or cheaper) till most staff rather buy tickets on other airlines. Also, no confirmation of seats till check-in, and if the flight is overbooked, you would be way at the bottom of the waitlist
            I see thanks!

I'm looking more to getting J class because it's a marginal increment over EY, and the subload fares are soo much cheaper than a J sale fare.

So if the flight is overbooked, I will be put on the next flight I suppose?

Comment

You are entitled to one privilege ticket for you and your spouse, and max 2 children per year. This ticket is sub-load and you still need to pay for the airport taxes and fuel surcharge. It is strictly on EY.

If you want to fly J, I believe you can only buy concessional tickets which are 50% off the full listed price and it's firm.

You check in at the staff counter in SIN and your wife need not be present as you'll be issued a E-ticket in your name. And yup, you will have to wait for the next flight if the flight is overbooked. Not fun if travelling with the family in tow.

Comment

If your wife-to-be is a crew, I don't think she can buy a sub-load J ticket unless the rules have changed.

Your privilege ticket should be a firm ticket although you will need to pay a "token" amount for the airfare (if my memory didn't fail me, should be 10% of full Y fare).

Comment

Working...
                X