SQ Fares Increase From Apr 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Fares Increase From Apr 2010

I have been informed that SQ will be increasing prices - for inter Asia flights at least - by 5 - 6% effective 1st April.

Get your tickets issued fast if you can!

Originally posted by steeltrader View Post
    I have been informed that SQ will be increasing prices - for inter Asia flights at least - by 5 - 6% effective 1st April.

Get your tickets issued fast if you can!
    Thanks. This is expected with improving load on the airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up steeltrader!

Comment

you guys frightened me into issuing a ticket yesterday... and i have to thank you for it

let's just say the Sri Lankan Rupee to Malaysian Ringgit exchange rate was fairly decent yesterday

Comment

No wonder why the cheap price from MNL-SIN lasts only until 31 March. At least I got my ticket under this price.
          Last edited by hybridace101; 28 March 2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

SIA fares up from Thurs 1 Apr 2010

SIA fares up from Thurs 1 Apr 2010
            30 March 2010

AIRFARES have gone up in recent months on the back of stronger demand for air travel, and the next hike is due to hit travellers on Thursday, when Singapore Airlines (SIA) increases ticket prices.

Industry players said many airlines, including SIA, had brought fares back up to pre-crisis levels. SIA travellers can expect to pay about $50 to $100 more on top of this from April 1, The Straits Times found out.

The last time the carrier increased its fares was in October last year, said travel agents, who were told of the April 1 hike in a circular issued by SIA earlier this month.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_508341.html

Better get your tickets ticketed by 31 March 2010. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Comment

Received my corporate fares yesterday, and indeed most fares are going up on Thursday.
              Just after a quick browse, the highest increases are actually in F/R class.
              Europe in R is up 10%.

Comment

Done 3 bookings these few days. Guess will save some cash to buy a reasonable dinner for the family. Once the requalification level is breached, will try to fly more on other airlines so that I will know how good or how bad SQ is. In the event, it is a heavier wallet not flying SQ. Looking to try QR to Europe as understand they provide a very exclusive lounge in Qatar for J Cabin passenger.
                SQ is 22,000+ for 2 adults and one child while QR is just under 13,000. QR still has child fare. An issue is however the waiting time in Qatar. Hard to redeem mileage concerning on SQ flights.

Comment

Hmm..just wondering with everyone rushing to book tickets before the April increase, would SQ be misled to think that there is a "huge surge" in air travel thus leading to more increase?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Received my corporate fares yesterday, and indeed most fares are going up on Thursday.
                    Just after a quick browse, the highest increases are actually in F/R class.
                    Europe in R is up 10%.
                    I am afraid I am not in that category of constant F/R travel. Probably a surge in demand for F/R Class or something else. Sometimes SQ does move in mysterious ways. Present F ticket to Shanghai is around 4,500 SGD without surcharges.

The increase will probably bring it up to around 5050 SGD. I won't be paying for that increase in F anyway so F will have to be dropped to zero. I am sure some others can afford it.

The increase is surprising when SQ has never dropped its F Class fare during the financial crisis.

Comment

So what do you notice about the new fares ?

For me, I travel to USA West Coast regularly. Business class ticket Ex-Sin is unchanged at S$7,818, but First class is now increased by $1,000 to S$14,632.

I suspect they may later increase the business class fare because they did an interim increase in January earlier this year, so they probably leave it as is this time round.

Comment

Just check the fares today at krisflyer.com Indeed all the fares have increased. Looks like the steepest is in R/F and J class.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          you guys frightened me into issuing a ticket yesterday... and i have to thank you for it

let's just say the Sri Lankan Rupee to Malaysian Ringgit exchange rate was fairly decent yesterday
                          SQflyergirl, you're going to Sri Lanka?? Trip Report please!! Ohh do I miss it so much

Comment

Originally posted by SQlankan View Post
                            SQflyergirl, you're going to Sri Lanka?? Trip Report please!! Ohh do I miss it so much
                            Yeah but not for a bit yet

Comment

Anyone realise, the taxes (in SGD) now include cents as well? It used to be rounded off.

Comment

Working...
                              X