Advanced seat selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced seat selection

Hey guys, Got a flight coming up pretty soon. Is it possible to call up SQ reservation desk to reserve good/better seats before the 48 hours check in time? Thanks

You can try but I guess you can also go to singaporeair.com to access your booking and choose the seat you want.

Comment

I haven't flown SQ for a while so I might be out of date, but is it now possible to get seat assignment in Y if not booked online?
      Used to be that only F/C or online booking could have advanced seat assignment.

Comment

I am not too sure. You can try calling their hotline/ticketing office: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...&&categoryId=1

Comment

You can only reserve Y seats before online checkin if you booked at singaporeair.com.

If you booked anywhere in First or Biz class you can ring to reserve your seat anytime.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

yup. book thru singaporeair.com
            Last edited by BRANI; 21 March 2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

If you booked your flight on the SQ website - yes you can select your seat(s) online. Online check-in also allows you to select your seat, 48-2 hours before departure.
              Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

However, if you changed your flights subsequently through the local SQ Office, then the only option left is to reserve your seats during the 48-2 hours window if booked on Y even if you had made the original bookings online (I did that and was told by SQ local office on the very limited seat selection option after I have made the changes through them).

On the same note, it wouldn't hurt SQ to allow for exceptions for KF*G/S and PPS pax to have the same privileges of seat selection of F/C when making bookings. Is there some reason for SQ for not allowing this or they have not thought about this before?
                there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                  However, if you changed your flights subsequently through the local SQ Office, then the only option left is to reserve your seats during the 48-2 hours window if booked on Y even if you had made the original bookings online (I did that and was told by SQ local office on the very limited seat selection option after I have made the changes through them).
                  Had your trip already started? I once changed the outbound and inbound dates of a Y booking made online (W fare), and could still select my seats online after making the change with the UK SQ Reservations line.
                  Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                  On the same note, it wouldn't hurt SQ to allow for exceptions for KF*G/S and PPS pax to have the same privileges of seat selection of F/C when making bookings.
                  I agree, that's a good idea. But that would also require SQ to show some love to ESs and EGs.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                  X