Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Tickets on Singapore Airlines

Hi,

I am having a look on the SIA website. I am looking to see if they do Open Tickets. I can't find anything.

A search on here brings up loads of stuff but not what i am after. Google doesn't show much.

If anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I am having a look on the SIA website. I am looking to see if they do Open Tickets. I can't find anything.
    Hi there,

Open tickets (or as they were known), iirc, are just tickets that are valid for one year from the date of departure isn't it? In that case, most of the Flexi tickets bought on the SIA website are in effect open tickets. However, you will have to specify a random return date first, which you will be allowed to change over the phone for usually no extra charge (subject to availability in the fare class you bought your ticket in of course).

To check, just make sure when you get to the page that allows you to select flights, scroll to the bottom and click on the Fare Conditions link and check to make sure the ticket is valid for 12 months.

Comment

You can't really do OPEN TICKETS on e-tickets as a date is needed to keep the reservation and ticketing information active.

Once you change the booking, the ticket effectively has to be repriced to make sure that you have the correct fare.

With paper tickets, its no problem getting open tickets. You just make a booking and with paper ticket in hand, off you go as long as the booking class corresponds to what it says on the ticket.

You simply cannot do that with e-tickets.

Comment

I think for Open Tickets, you will have to go to the ticketing office.

A few years back the SIN-KUL shuttle tickets were considered open tickets right?
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
          I think for Open Tickets, you will have to go to the ticketing office.

A few years back the SIN-KUL shuttle tickets were considered open tickets right?
          They were paper tickets then.

Comment

Working...
          X