Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destination video on SQ - good place for advert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destination video on SQ - good place for advert?

Hi folks,

I am thinking of buying advertising space on the Singapore destination video that SQ shows on their flights to Singapore. Quite expensive (SGD100K+ for 2 months period).
    Have not travelled for a long time...cant quite remember:

1. Are the Singapore destination videos shown on all flights (certaintly dont recall seeing them on KUL-SIN and CGK-SIN flights. Recently travelled Nanjing-SIN, dont recall seeing the video) ??

2. Are the headphones collected by the time the video is shown ?

3. Anybody here watch the video ?

The alternative is the TV advert that appears before every Krisworld movie or a print advert inside the SilverKris.

cheers
    Acey

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Hi folks,

I am thinking of buying advertising space on the Singapore destination video that SQ shows on their flights to Singapore. Quite expensive (SGD100K+ for 2 months period).
    Have not travelled for a long time...cant quite remember:

1. Are the Singapore destination videos shown on all flights (certaintly dont recall seeing them on KUL-SIN and CGK-SIN flights. Recently travelled Nanjing-SIN, dont recall seeing the video) ??

The alternative is the TV advert that appears before every Krisworld movie or a print advert inside the SilverKris.

cheers
    Acey
    Hi Acey,

From what I can gather from my FA friends,

1. The SIN destination video is shown on flights with scheduled flight time of 3 hours and above.

2. The video is shown 1 hour prior to arrival in SIN so that passengers have ample time to view it, thus headphones are not collected yet at that point in time.

3. I watch it.

Hope that helps!
    Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

If it's for regional audiences, at least half the time you're guaranteed anyone who watches Krisworld will see the adverts before the non-AVOD movie starts. And most people don't even fast forward this part, because (I think) they are not aware they can, or don't react fast enough.

I think advertising in Silverkris only works for some (I would read it).

I don't bother with the destination video at all... often I'm busy watching something else on Krisworld, or I'm done with watching anything before we arrive, that I don't want to keep the headsets on (hot ears)...

Comment

I share the same view with Kyo, do not waste your money advertising on the Singapore arrival video.

Advertise on the advertisement that appears before each Krisworld movie, more pax will tend to watch movies on the IFE, so that guarantees many viewers will see your advert.

If pax are travelling on the new Krisworld (ie A330, A380, A345 & B777-300ER), when the cabin crew announce the Singapore Arrival Video will be showing e.g on Channel 99 or 99A, I do not see many passengers taking out their handset to change the channel.

On the other hand, if you are on those older aircrafts (ie B777-200ER, B777-200 and B777-300) where there is a central video monitor, pax will tend to watch it then since the big screen is right in front of them.

So I feel that human beings are generally lazy, they will not take out silver kris magazine to browse OR take out their handset to change to a specific channel, but they will watch movies or documentaries, so it will be a huge asset to you if you place the advert before each movie or documentary starts.

Comment

I would recommend advertising in SilverKris over the destination video. At least people have the whole flight to browse the magazine. Also, I think most people already know about the destination they are travelling to these days, i personally dont think many people watch them anymore, it more about ensuring you dont miss the ending of the moview your watching =p

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post

The headphones aren't usually collected by the time the vidoe is shown. Bizarrely I still flick on to the Singapore destination video despite having visited so many times.

However, I don't read much of Silverkris as these days. just the handful of pages of 'SQ news'. It's just full of .......adverts..., just like Priority.

If you go for anything I would go before the films as at least people will see it, even if regular pax will probably fast forward, like some now for that Far East Organisation advert that is getting on my bl**dy nerves now.

Comment

I'd agree, I've never watched the Singapore video to be honest and if you can get rid of the Far east one I think we'd all chip in! I would guess that will cost a lot more though as thats what 99% of the people will see.

Comment

I always watched the Singapore one even though I have been there many times It always help to know what to expect when there.

Comment

Thanks for feedback. Will keep this updated if/when the advert comes up !!

Comment

Working...
                  X