SQ800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ800

Hey guys, going on SQ800 to Beijing end of this month on Y. Any idea on the configuration for the 777-200? SQ*/SR*-series ? Also, does it have AVOD?
    Planning on getting a nice seat overviewing the wing, any recommendations? Thanks =)

Old regional non-AVOD most likely!

Over the wing seat - well, that narrows your choice, doesn't it..?

I prefer more legroom so go for bulkhead rows 31...

Comment

Hahas. Thanks!
      I dont think i'll be able to get those better seats though, going as a tour group to china. Sigh. =(

Comment

Try getting seats around row 30-40. According to my past 8 SQ800 flights, many people tend to walk up and down to the lav behind row 43 so it gets bothersome and noisy behind row 40

Quick question, Kyo. Do you need to pay for row 31?
        Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Don't know, never tried but should expect you might unless it's middle seats... a quick search (don't have time now) on SQTalk should show a mention somewhere from 1H 2009... recall reading something, sorry, can't remember

Comment

For bulkhead preferred seat, you nede to pay USD50 per flight if you want it guaranteed.

If you want to try your luck upon check in, and if there is availability, you should get it for free.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!
              I'll try to get the row 30-40 then.
              Any ideas which side of the plane would be better, A or K? Load factor?

Comment

Not much difference in A or K on SQ800, depends more on when you will be served your meal (which is likely to be the breakfast), if you didn't pre-select a special meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                  Thanks for the advice!
                  I'll try to get the row 30-40 then.
                  Any ideas which side of the plane would be better, A or K? Load factor?
                  Good luck with row 30!

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                    Good luck with row 30!
                    Haha..yeah...there is no row 30, economy starts from row 31.

Comment

Hahas, cheeky little fella.
                      I'll get a foldable chair and open it midflight next to the exit door window.
                      That'll be my row 30! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                        Hahas, cheeky little fella.
                        I'll get a foldable chair and open it midflight next to the exit door window.
                        That'll be my row 30! =)
                        I would VERY much like to see this. Please take a photo!

"Sir, why are you erecting your chair next to the emergency exit?"

"I can't afford to pay USD50, I'm poor."

"Oh... um..."

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

"Oh... um..."
                          I can just see someone carrying those commander's field chair like we had back during NS days in their hand carry

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

"Oh... um..."
                            Or the Row 30 is the crew seats?

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
                              Try getting seats around row 30-40. According to my past 8 SQ800 flights, many people tend to walk up and down to the lav behind row 43 so it gets bothersome and noisy behind row 40
                              Bothersome ?. I think someone has been spending too long reading seatguru.

Comment

Working...
                              X