Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
    On my booking for my flight to HAN in December, clicking on the aircraft type brings up a map of a 777-200 with config J38 Y228. Is this the refurbished aircraft since I don't remember any non-refurbished aircraft having Y228, it was either Y255 or Y293.
    J38 Y228 are the reconfigured regional 772s.

Comment

• Flew SQ502 (SIN-BLR) and SQ503 (BLR-SIN) in J, but had a quick look at Y and both sectors had the new PTV's (they are the same 'style' as the old ones, just bigger. Not like the PTV's on the 77W/A330/A380).

List of aircraft with refurbished IFE:

9V-SRM
      9V-SRP

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        A random check on 1st Jan 2011 shows the seatmap of
        872/871 as the refurbished 772 with only 2 classes, J and Y.
        For 07 Nov 2010, after SQ871 returns to Singapore at 2345hrs, it leaves for Shanghai at 0115hrs on 08 Nov as SQ826 then returns to Singapore as SQ827, arriving at 1400hrs. The aircraft is 9V-SQN, with 5 rows in the 1st Business Class cabin and 2 rows in the 2nd Business Class cabin. I can't stand the PTV on the retrofitted Business Class cabins.. not sharp den always flicker with lines...
        Last edited by vsepr; 14 November 2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
          J38 Y228 are the reconfigured regional 772s.
          In that case am I right to assume that I will get a reconfigured bird for my SIN-HAN-SIN?

Comment

• HKG-SIN

There are three daily flights from HKG to SIN on the 772. Is it true that SQ859 is the old config whereas both SQ865 and SQ871 are the new config? I just want to make sure I can get the new business class.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, SQfan2010.

Have you consulted our sticky

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473

(see post #3)?
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Thank you so much for directing me to the comprehensive guide on plane and seat types! I'm so excited to be a part of the SQ online community!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfan2010 View Post
                  Thank you so much for directing me to the comprehensive guide on plane and seat types! I'm so excited to be a part of the SQ online community!
                  Your nick is SQfan2010, are you going to be a fan just for the year of 2010, left over 1 more month before Year 2010 comes to an end !

Just teasing you, a warm welcome to SQ Talk !

Comment

• Hi everyone - I just redeemed a business class ticket on SQ865 (with the retrofitted seats) from Hong Kong to Singapore and have a couple of questions:

(1) Which row is best for getting off the plane first? Do they board at both the front of the plane (where you turn left and it's the cockpit) and a bit farther back (where you turn left and it's business, but turn right and it's also business until it reaches economy)? I would definitely like a window seat.

(2) Do you have any recommendations for book the cook? I love to eat so in addition to book the cook would I be able to ask for another main course off the regular menu if it's available?

Many thanks as always!

Comment

• http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...72_Layout3.jpg

Why does this updated seat map now do not have Row 15 at all ? This is unusual, normally only Row 13 is missing.

And for this configuration, business class ends with Row 19, other 772 retrofits end with Row 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                        http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...72_Layout3.jpg

Why does this updated seat map now do not have Row 15 at all ? This is unusual, normally only Row 13 is missing.

And for this configuration, business class ends with Row 19, other 772 retrofits end with Row 18.
                        Regardless of J distribution in both zones, row 17 is now the standard bulkhead row for zone 2. Probably it makes it easier for staff when allocating bassinet seats.

Comment

• I'm really impressed by the seat pitch.

Comment

• Are seats 11DF legroom better than those at 12AC/12HK ? Or are they the same ? 11DF seats - do they have a big IFE screen being placed in front like those regional 772s & 773s ?

And exactly how many toilets are there now in JCL ? Got confused because there are a few configurations for this. Is it 3 lavatories, 1 in the front, 2 in the middle ?

Comment

• Really glad I read this thread... am flying on SQ281 on Friday and was getting very confused. Couldn't understand why the seat selection map was showing a row 19 in J - I couldn't see a map in the SQ fleet information page which showed this config, and hadn't noticed that 15 was missing. Doesn't seem to be on Seatguru either. SQTalk to the rescue!

So, strategically I've taken 16H. 16K also shown as free...but I prefer aisle access. If I'm lucky K will stay free.

Thanks for the help everyone

Comment

• Update: I actually ended up in 19A - selected 19D and then moved as A/B were empty. Row 15 miraculously reappeared but 18 disappeared. The small sub-cabin with rows 17 and 19 is actually very pleasant, somewhat reminiscent of the forward J cabin in the 77W. Seats quite comfortable, especially in the "Z" position, only slight drawback was the proximity to WhY's bassinet seats. Occasionally noisy but I don't complain - I've travelled with babies myself...

Comment

Working...
                                X