Cabin bags under the seat in front of you on regional 777s in J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin bags under the seat in front of you on regional 777s in J

Have noticed only recently that despite the announcements that cabin bags are to be put under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartments, the cabin crew in my cabin on some flights have been trying to keep all hand luggage in the overhead compartment (nothing is allowed under the seat in front of you). Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Previously, as long as the item can fit under the seat in front of you, they wouldn't try to move it.

For me, this always happens... I have to protest to keep my beloved QC3 case on the seat next to me (if not taken) or tell them I will cling on to it with dear life (and even then, they don't always allow it... a little troublesome, actually)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      For me, this always happens... I have to protest to keep my beloved QC3 case on the seat next to me (if not taken) or tell them I will cling on to it with dear life (and even then, they don't always allow it... a little troublesome, actually)
      OT: Tried the QC15s yet?

Comment

Nick_C: Not intending to as I don't like the 'heat' on my ears with the phones that cup the entire ear... much prefer the QC3 design, same reason why I didn't get the QC2s... basically, QC3s are less bulky, so more suitable for my purposes..

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Previously, as long as the item can fit under the seat in front of you, they wouldn't try to move it.
          I got the impression on recent flights that they were also more keen to remove any pillows and blankets that were lying on the floor. I know they have always done this to some extent, particularly just prior to landing for blankets discarded on the floor after being used, but they seem more keen to move them pre-take off now.

Comment

On yesterdays flight to CGK, despite my pile of newspapers being safely on 1B, the LSS asked if I was reading them and when I said not at the moment proceeded to put them all in the two magazine pockets, just to make sure they don't fly around and injure someone.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              On yesterdays flight to CGK, despite my pile of newspapers being safely on 1B, the LSS asked if I was reading them and when I said not at the moment proceeded to put them all in the two magazine pockets, just to make sure they don't fly around and injure someone.
              ... or fall to the floor and trip over someone in an emergency.

Comment

Dangerous, those paper cuts...

Comment

An audit in the offing perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    ... or fall to the floor and trip over someone in an emergency.
                    If that's the case, why have they left papers on the empty seat next to me in virtually all my previous flights ?.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    Dangerous, those paper cuts...

Comment

If that's the case, why have they left papers on the empty seat next to me in virtually all my previous flights ?
                      There's your answer maybe. The crew member on the flight in question was presumably more safety conscious (rightly or wrongly).

Comment

There's your answer maybe. The crew member on the flight in question was presumably more safety conscious (rightly or wrongly).

So, after (at a very rough guess) 50ish flights in F & J in the last few years when I used the empty seat next to me for newspaper and magazine storage, I have finally dropped on the first correctly trained SQ crew member ?.

Comment

So, after (at a very rough guess) 50ish flights in F & J in the last few years when I used the empty seat next to me for newspaper and magazine storage, I have finally dropped on the first correctly trained SQ crew member ?.
                          I did say "rightly or wrongly".

Nevertheless, regardless of whether it's required by SQ SOP or not, I can see why someone would ask to stow away newspapers to ensure that - as I said - they don't get in the way of an evacuation. That's presumably why some airlines (even if not SQ) go around collecting newspapers prior to landing.

Comment

Nevertheless, regardless of whether it's required by SQ SOP or not, I can see why someone would ask to stow away newspapers to ensure that - as I said - they don't get in the way of an evacuation. That's presumably why some airlines (even if not SQ) go around collecting newspapers prior to landing.
                            Well congratulations, I think you've finally sussed the point of the thread.

Comment

Likewise!

Comment

Working...
                              X