Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A380 which is best upper deck row 71 or 81?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 which is best upper deck row 71 or 81?

Have booked flights and seats for London to Sydney and return stopping of for a night each way in Singapore . All flights are shown as A380's and I have booked prefferred seats on the upper deck economy.
    For flight SQ321 (overnight ) I have taken 71A,H &K, SQ221(overnight)81 A, H&K, SQ220 81A , H&K then finally SQ322 (Overnight) 71A , C &K.

Whilst there are 3 of us (2 over 70) I have opted for the upper deck based on the recomendations from this and other forums and dont mind that we are sat on opposite sides of the plane. Question is what is the better row 71 or 81? Both have loads of leg room, 71 looks as though you will get very little passengers walking past but is near the bassinet area and Business class toilets, whilst 81 is away from toilets and basinet but looks like you will get more passengers walking past.
    As its not to late to change the seats I would appreciate any advice and thoughts.

I've always liked 71. It's quieter, almost no people traffic, not had any trouble with the bassinets which are slightly behind you anyway. Apart from the occasional unpleasant "waft" the business class toilets are a non issue. You don't get a side locker or window.

If row 80 is clear the four centre seats here have miles of room and you can all sit together, except you'll not get your preferred seat fee back.

Comment

I actually prefer 81. There's little to no stowage space above or around 71 (A and B anyway) - there is a small bin above it but not really enough to put a medium sized backpack. THe bin next to it is almost full of operational items, and depending on how full and how late you board the aircraft you'll be placing items well behind you. If you do book 71 choose the window seat at the aisle (obviously) has no place to put water bottles/magazines etc, and you have to ask the person sitting next to you to pass you the In-Flight magazines.

Again depends which you place more emphasis on - 81 does definitely receive more foot traffic past it, but generally no squeals from babies in bassinets like 71.

Comment

I just came back on SQ 637 the other day and i absolutely loathe row 81
        So many people were standing in front of me chatting,doing stretching and 1 guy decided to sit in the crew's seat and have a drink.
        The seat pocket on the side wall is too small for the reading materials for both seats and it lack-ed the silverkris and krishshop magazines. There are no overhead compartments for this row and is it just me or does the seat feel extremely cramped???

Comment

I think 81a or my preference 81B are good (HK as well)... lots of leg room and never had problem with people sitting or being in front of me.. But perhaps having your legs right out in front pushes them away. That said 81 D through G is like a freeway... those spots looked real annoying for the flow of people walking around.

Gotta say there is an "air of crampness up the top"... its not that the seats are small or there wasn't enough room around.. i think it is purely the lowness of the roofline. Its just different to a330 or other airbus planes.

But will say A380 experience overall was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X