SQ220 in May is now A380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ220 in May is now A380

I have flights booked for mid-May this year on SQ220 & its now showing my 8:05am departure is now serviced by the A380

I hope this is not a SIA computer glitch

HI-

My Sq222 in April has been downgraded from a A380 to 777-300ER with a slight change of flight time.

Thankfully I'm still showing a A380 for the last leg from SIN-LHR. Really hoping to experience the 777-300ER, A330, & A380 during the trip as they are all new planes to my list of aircraft experiences
    Last edited by blackcurrent; 16 January 2010, 12:24 AM. Reason: Month changed

Comment

Hypotheses: Sounds like the addition of ZRH, with only 1 frame being delivered before the start (SKK) is putting pressure on the rotation utilisation, so they want the one being used for 221 to come home sooner rather than hanging around the whole day in SYD.

What they'd want to do with an A380 back at home base ready to go at 2-ish pm where there are no existing current departures I don't know.

Just a guess......

Comment

It's still being shown as an A380 if making a dummy booking on the date, so not quite sure what is correct, also the seatmap is still showing the A380 if I try and change my seating.

Hmmm not quite sure if its a glitch following the slight flight time change or if they are yet to update other parts of the site i.e the seat selection service???

Comment

I have just changed my seat for this flight from 33K to 75K Upper Deck with no problem

Comment

OH Nice one...

That would imply that they have forgotton to update the seatmap selection page on their systems.

Anyone know how to get this changed?

Comment

My buddy is on SQ220 early April. His plane also changed to the A380. J saver redemption.

Comment

Just changed our seats for this flight to upper deck row 73, hope it is correct as have paid for preffered seats.

Comment

Originally posted by delt1c View Post
                  Just changed our seats for this flight to upper deck row 73, hope it is correct as have paid for preffered seats.
                  Row 71 is the exit row, so you should pay for preferred seats on row 71.

Comment

Oops typing glich, meant row 71

Comment

Another change!? It is getting too hard to keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Hypotheses: Sounds like the addition of ZRH, with only 1 frame being delivered before the start (SKK) is putting pressure on the rotation utilisation, so they want the one being used for 221 to come home sooner rather than hanging around the whole day in SYD.

What they'd want to do with an A380 back at home base ready to go at 2-ish pm where there are no existing current departures I don't know.

Just a guess......
                        Perhaps with the addition of the SQ234 flight 2 hours after SQ222 a while back, loads on the SQ222 are not what they used to be, and not worth an A380 sitting around for 10 hours. They can now use the same frame for a SIN-SYD-SIN 221/220 pattern.

Comment

this is good, now i'm in R instead F, this is the 3rd time happened to me, booked F then plane change and i'm in R ^^

Comment

Working...
                          X