Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTop View Post
    IMO the 200USD compensation is fair,
    You gotta be kidding. Have you seen how many miles they want to redeem an award booking in F on the 77W ?. We are also talking a 9-10 hour flight here. Besides, it's the way they tried to lie about it that is the worst part of all this.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    edited to add: Just noticed you were traveling in F. Do they still charge a surcharge for premium bookings on 77W and A380?
    They surcharge was for J only, never F on the 77W. Bearing in mind most feel F on the 77W is not as good as F on the 744 anyway they got that one right.

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Who is to qualify if OP have been told a lie?
    Nobody, including you.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      You gotta be kidding. Have you seen how many miles they want to redeem an award booking in F on the 77W ?. We are also talking a 9-10 hour flight here. Besides, it's the way they tried to lie about it that is the worst part of all this
      I meant if they refunded the difference in miles and the 200$ voucher. (left out some text in my first post)

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Nobody, including you.
        you just made my point

Comment

It is a big difference between travelling on a 10 hours flight on the 77W F vs. 773 F.
          The 773 F product would most likely be a dealbreaker when shopping for 10 hourish F flights.

In early 1990s, when SQ sells relatively consistent (with differing seat pitches) J products across the route network, it was still quite reasonable to swap aircraft (744, 743, 742, A313/312) on passengers without compensation.
          $200 Krisshop vouchers is a joke compared to the price of the ticket.

Now with so many different SQ F products out there, no it is not acceptable to be switched from long haul F product to short haul F product.
          We book them based on what they market their product (for the route) as.

If they think the new long haul F product is that big a difference to command twice the mileage needed for redemptions, they should definitely refund part of it to you.

Get your $$$ or miles refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            It is a big difference between travelling on a 10 hours flight on the 77W F vs. 773 F.
            The 773 F product would most likely be a dealbreaker when shopping for 10 hourish F flights.

In early 1990s, when SQ sells relatively consistent (with differing seat pitches) J products across the route network, it was still quite reasonable to swap aircraft (744, 743, 742, A313/312) on passengers without compensation.

Now with so many different SQ F products out there, no it is not acceptable to be switched from long haul F product to short haul F product.

If they think the new long haul F product is that big a difference to command twice the mileage needed for redemptions, they should definitely refund part of it to you.

If OP is a paying pax and if the quality of the aircraft is of importance to him, he could measure it against changing his flight afterall an F ticket in most circumstances would have been an open ticket. I supposed he would have been told at check in?

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
              If OP is a paying pax and if the quality of the aircraft is of importance to him, he could measure it against changing his flight afterall an F ticket in most circumstances would have been an open ticket. I supposed he would have been told at check in?
              Yep, which in itself is a major inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

Absolutely spot on.

Comment

Definitely make a big fuss. It is such a big difference in the product, and for such a long flight. I'd be extremely unhappy, and a $200 voucher is way inadequate IMO... maybe add another zero!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    edited to add: Just noticed you were traveling in F. Do they still charge a surcharge for premium bookings on 77W and A380? If so, I'd be pushing for a cash refund on this too rather than a Krisshop voucher.
                    Flying from NZ on SQ there is no choice - in F it is 77W or nothing. When 744 was replaced by 77W ex-NZ F fares did increase, but that was some years ago now so difficult to argue it is a surcharge.

If it was me, my line of argument might go along the lines that had I known it would be 773 then I'd have booked business (or perhaps business on NZ) not first so fare difference between first and business (on 772 not 77W) would be a starting point for compensation.

Comment

Working...
                    X