Are drinks free on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are drinks free on SQ?

This may be silly question to some people but are the drinks free with Singapore Airlines.

Yes...

Comment

Originally posted by Fisk View Post
      Yes...
      Thank you!

Comment

Lemme guess... American right?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
          Lemme guess... American right?

What makes you think that? Wrong

Comment

Yeap, pax in Economy can request for free alcoholic drinks as well

Comment

Originally posted by ultra1984 View Post
              This may be silly question to some people but are the drinks free with Singapore Airlines.
              I had to laugh....sorry!! Not only are (alcoholic) drinks free on SQ, you are likely to get the drink in your hand within 5-10 minutes of pressing the call button...this is economy class that I'm talking about

Comment

lol your talking about a legacy global premier 5 star airline of the world. if memory serves me right, SQ was the first airline to offer free drinks i.e Alcohol and soft drinks. SIA's philosophy was that once a person pays for their ticket, they should not pay for anything onboard.

Comment

Except for Emex seats...

Comment

I travelled Business, so it might be different, but not only are the drinks free - the glasses are never empty for more than 30-seconds. I couldn't believe it, the little hosties were making me drunk (I was always happy to oblige to, yet, another red when asked!).

I've never even had service like this in restaurants where it costs $200 to just sit down for a meal... my God: I want to fly Singapore again just to experience the service... and I hate flying!!

Ben

Comment

Maybe you have been used to flying SAS?
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                        if memory serves me right, SQ was the first airline to offer free drinks i.e Alcohol and soft drinks.
                        I really don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                          I had to laugh....sorry!! Not only are (alcoholic) drinks free on SQ, you are likely to get the drink in your hand within 5-10 minutes of pressing the call button...this is economy class that I'm talking about

I thought it might make some of you laugh that's why I put it "might seem like a silly question".

I have read the posts on this forum and it is obvious alot of you are seasoned travellers unlike myself. You have all been very kind with your advice and it has helped me a great deal. Thank you one and all!

Comment

Your question sounded like someone whose previous flying experience was only on domestic US. Of course, you could also have been someone who only flew budgets before.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              I really don't think so.
                              um actually i was right, i just went back to re-read "Flying High in a Competitive Industry: Cost-Effective Service Excellence at Singapore Airlines" and it clearly states in one of the chapters that "Free drinks" was one of SIA's innovations.

Comment

Working...
                              X