Some observations from my recent SQ flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Hot Towel for Y on SQ 118 to KUL last night & no drink during delay

Last night, my SQ 118 flight was delayed by at least 1 hour due to late arrival of another aircraft that carried about 40 connecting passengers to KUL. This delay was announced to us by the captain after we were all on board. Although this experience was quite normal, the fact that we had to sit in the aircraft waiting without any drinks being offered to us was very abnormal.

Once all doors were closed, there was no hot towel service either for us sitting in Y - this was also not normal.

Questions are:

1. If SQ had known that the other aircraft with connecting passengers would be this late, why would the ground staff commence boarding so early?
    2. Has SQ stopped hot towel service for Y for KUL just recently?

Anyone experienced the same lately?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
      2. Has SQ stopped hot towel service for Y for KUL just recently?

SIA has never given hot towels on KUL flts in Y eversince I started taking the flt which has been since 1979

Comment

Originally posted by Sqstalker View Post
        SIA has never given hot towels on KUL flts in Y eversince I started taking the flt which has been since 1979
        Wow, you are one of those old-timer SQ flyers! That year, I had never been outside the country yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Sqstalker View Post
          Wow... I never realized that.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Wow, you are one of those old-timer SQ flyers! That year, I had never been outside the country yet!
            I still have somewhere.. tucked away...a plaque that says FIRST TO FLY a JUMBO on SQ

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              I know you all will say I just have a bad crew. But I still believe that the non-SQ BP played a role in the way this particular crew dealing with me.
              I believe whether you hold a SQ or non-SQ BP, it makes no difference. Probably, the crew on that flight was particularly unimpressive.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                Another lesson for SQ Boy with dark navy blue jacket:

Why they were not friendly and smily like the light grey one?
                I notice one has a higher chance of meeting a IFS who is lacking in enthusiam. I think IFS are old school type and some came from non-customer service jobs before joining SQ. They have been in the job for a long time and not having to worry about things. Perhaps that's one downside in F only crew by senior members. You tend to find junior crew in J who are more smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                  Last night, my SQ 118 flight was delayed by at least 1 hour due to late arrival of another aircraft that carried about 40 connecting passengers to KUL. This delay was announced to us by the captain after we were all on board. Although this experience was quite normal, the fact that we had to sit in the aircraft waiting without any drinks being offered to us was very abnormal.

Anyone experienced the same lately?
                  I was flying SQ805 PEK-SIN on 30 Nov.

All boarded, ready to depart 5 minutes early, at 1555h.

We waited 3 hours at gate for clearance!

Never found out the reason for the delay. Some PAX missed connecting flights to Australia.

At least cabin crew came round with drinks and nuts. Switched on IFE to keep us calm

Comment

Here in AMS,

SQ business check-in counters all sport the "business class signage"
                    Blue ruggs are updated with "business class signage"
                    Boarding passes are the new style ones.

Sweets on the business counters are "haagsche hopjes" = coffee candy
                    Economy counters have Whilelmina peppermints on a bowl for offering.

Strangely though no Singapore Immigration Cards were present for taking, maybe AMS PAX are flying direct through SIN to onwards destinations nowadays?
                    Any remarks or suggestions are kindly appreciated!

Comment

Some observations from my recent SQ flights

I chanced upon SQ188, the new twice-weekly service complementing SQ's existing daily morning flights to Hanoi, while searching for redemption flights online. Compared to the popular daily SQ176, which was often fully booked as its schedule offered business travelers an early start in Hanoi giving them a full day's worth of meetings thereafter; redeeming my miles on SQ188 was a breeze. With my flights confirmed on SQ188 and SQ175 to and from Hanoi, miles deducted from the system, and the various taxes charged to my credit card, I went on to select my seats for both sectors. It was at this point that I noticed that SQ188 was literally empty! I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would be the only passenger onboard, so that I could experience truly personalized service by the famed Singapore Girls! I also took the opportunity to try out SQ's "Book the Cook" service and settled on the Slipper Lobster Thermidore for my main.

Comment

Welcome to SQT Energy jobs

Allocated seats are not a good indicator of loads. For all sorts of reasons many passengers have no pre-allocated seat.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
                          I notice one has a higher chance of meeting a IFS who is lacking in enthusiam. I think IFS are old school type and some came from non-customer service jobs before joining SQ. They have been in the job for a long time and not having to worry about things. Perhaps that's one downside in F only crew by senior members. You tend to find junior crew in J who are more smiling.
                          Whilst I have not had the opportunity of acquiring sufficient data samples to discern a pattern w/r/t IFS's, I have come to the conclusion that there is a world of a difference between the "Chief" and "Leading" crew members, and their juniors. The senior crew tend to be more confident of themselves and come across as more personable, whereas, whilst always smiling and ever efficient, I get the feeling that the blue ties/kebayas tend to be treading on egg shells around pax a lot of the time. There's a fair bit to be said for experience. Exceptions apply obviously, as I've had many a 'cool' FS/S. But in general I have had far warmer and less business-like service from the senior crew members. With an FS, LSS and IFS all serving me in the same cabin yesterday, the difference was somewhat pronounced.

With the IFS, I found that they tend to be divided into 2 categories based on my v limited sample of 6 flights: 1) Those who actively participate in the service and enthusiastically greet/interact with pax; 2) Those who simply stay behind the scenes and leave most of the service to the rest of the team.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Whilst I have not had the opportunity of acquiring sufficient data samples to discern a pattern w/r/t IFS's, I have come to the conclusion that there is a world of a difference between the "Chief" and "Leading" crew members, and their juniors. The senior crew tend to be more confident of themselves and come across as more personable, whereas, whilst always smiling and ever efficient, I get the feeling that the blue ties/kebayas tend to be treading on egg shells around pax a lot of the time. There's a fair bit to be said for experience. Exceptions apply obviously, as I've had many a 'cool' FS/S. But in general I have had far warmer and less business-like service from the senior crew members. With an FS, LSS and IFS all serving me in the same cabin yesterday, the difference was somewhat pronounced.

With the IFS, I found that they tend to be divided into 2 categories based on my v limited sample of 6 flights: 1) Those who actively participate in the service and enthusiastically greet/interact with pax; 2) Those who simply stay behind the scenes and leave most of the service to the rest of the team.
                            Completely agree with your observations.
                            I guess it is just common sense that with more experience, they become more confident in handling pax.
                            But for the general public/pax, it may not be very obvious that even green means significantly more experience compared to most blues.
                            Last edited by StarG; 17 December 2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              But for the general pubic/pax, it may not be very obvious that even green means significantly more experience compared to most blues.
                              I didn't know hair could have an opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                                I didn't know hair could have an opinion!
                                Thanks for pointing that out and preserving my typo in your quote!
                                My fingers are too fat for my keyboard...

Comment

Working...
                                X