SQ 1 Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 1 Award

I've been searching for a while now to get some F awards on SQ 1 been searching some random dates in March, May, Oct, Nov, Dec. All I can find is Y on most days and C on some days, but I haven't found one day that has a F award!. Even splitting it up SFO-HKG and HKG-SIN are they limiting F awards on SQ 1?

On the other hand i'm finding plenty on SQ11/12 in all three classes

You have to try harder. I am sure there is one hanging around waiting to be grabbed! Well, I prefer SQ 11 than SQ 1.

Comment

SQ 1/2 have been full in F (between HKG and SFO only) all the 6 times I've taken them (unfortunately, I've only been occupying an F seat on one of those roundtrips). Maybe lots of revenue F pax on that route.

Comment

SQ 1 is the most busy and popular amongst all the flights on this routing, that is why you are finding it hard to get a seat.

This is similar to SQ219 from Sydney, as all the pax are connecting to european sectors, and is the hardest flight to get an award seat from Sydney.

Well of course, it depends on the period of travel, as you may get a small window when there are many paying pax.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ericb288 View Post
          This is similar to SQ219 from Sydney, as all the pax are connecting to european sectors, and is the hardest flight to get an award seat from Sydney.
          I don't quite agree on that assesment. SQ221 is far more popular than 219. Not only does 221 connect well from LHR & FRA services, it is the flight that most other ex-Asia-SIN flight connects to. It also gets into SYD at 6am in the morning, making it the perfect timing for business travelers. SQ219 on the other hand arrives in the evening and taking that flight means loosing a full day already. Plus most of the ex-Asia flight cannot connect to 219.
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I just looked from Sep 9-Oct 25 not even one F wow...

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
              I just looked from Sep 9-Oct 25 not even one F wow...
              Just looking at that first week, SQ 1 F awards are available using KrisFlyer miles on Sep 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16.

I assume you're trying to use NH or UA miles though....

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Just looking at that first week, SQ 1 F awards are available using KrisFlyer miles on Sep 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16.

Yes I am using UA miles

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post

Enhanced award availability is probably the main remaining advantage of KrisFlyer. Too bad, given the new redemption rates for the new cabins, that it will take a really frequent flyer to take advantage of the new rates.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Enhanced award availability is probably the main remaining advantage of KrisFlyer. Too bad, given the new redemption rates for the new cabins, that it will take a really frequent flyer to take advantage of the new rates.
                    Plus 3 year miles expiration. Plus new award redemption levels. No thanks. I can't imagine getting 100k+ to fly the new F or C

I was able to rack up 300k miles on UA last year only flying 60k BIS with them

Comment

CGK why do you prefer SQ 11/12 over 1/2 ????

I think i'll have to result to SQ11/12 because I can't find a date that SQ1/2 has a F award open with UA or NH miles

Comment

Working...
                      X