Short SQ-to-SQ transit at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Sorry I disagree. As Kiwi says, all SQ flights couldn't comfortably fit in one terminal, so what do you want them to do, use remote gates and bus people out like others do ?. No thanks. Besides, changing from T2 to T3 is quick and easy anyway.

T3 is a 'long distance' because it's biiiig. Not a lot anyone can do about that I am afraid, as size seems to matter.
    Actually is not 'long distance' to some. I remember some flight from Bangkok are at T3. So it is a mixture depending on where the flight originally arrived from.

Not sure what do you mean aboutt 'size' (of aircraft)?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      T3 is a 'long distance' because it's biiiig. Not a lot anyone can do about that I am afraid, as size seems to matter.
      SIN T3 and Suvarnabhumi in BKK follow the same design principle of putting all of the retail in the middle and forcing the punters to walk past the retail to get to their gates. I suppose they figure it is good for the retailers.

If you get the wrong gate combination it can be a very long way indeed. And I have found walking on the moving walkways to be quicker than the shuttle from gate A21 but of course there are no walkways through the retail area.

Comment

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
        SIN T3 and Suvarnabhumi in BKK follow the same design principle of putting all of the retail in the middle and forcing the punters to walk past the retail to get to their gates. I suppose they figure it is good for the retailers.
        Just like any modern mall - and they charge a premium rental for those stores that have better real estate traffic

But the one that takes the cake is MEL. You can't get to immigration from the gates on arrival without coming close to sideswiping the Buy 2 get 1 free Johnnie Walker Black Label display...... (but i think you knew that )

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          You can't get to immigration from the gates on arrival without coming close to sideswiping the Buy 2 get 1 free Johnnie Walker Black Label display...... (but i think you knew that )
          Guilty as charged..

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            But the one that takes the cake is MEL. You can't get to immigration from the gates on arrival without coming close to sideswiping the Buy 2 get 1 free Johnnie Walker Black Label display...... (but i think you knew that )
            Same thing on your way out!! As soon as you pass security you are right in the middle of the duty free shop dodging booze and perfume , if you go to the end you will shuffle through the elctronic area too lol
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
            X