A380 still has bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 still has bugs...

The A380 had a "fuelling" issue on Dec 22 from NRT to Spore - delayed the takeoff by 4 hours. I recall some other problems that the A380 still suffers from. Kinda worrisome for me.

Best thing is that the delay resulted in me missing my mum's birthday celebration (specifically cut my holiday short so that I could join in) and all SIA did say was "well, our Japan Station Manager did apologize at the gate and when the door closed.." Thanks for your bountiful sympathy, SIA!

Yeah. Same with QF's A380, was delayed for 24hours here in MEL due to fuel gauge issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirium View Post
      The A380 had a "fuelling" issue on Dec 22 from NRT to Spore - delayed the takeoff by 4 hours. I recall some other problems that the A380 still suffers from. Kinda worrisome for me.

Best thing is that the delay resulted in me missing my mum's birthday celebration (specifically cut my holiday short so that I could join in) and all SIA did say was "well, our Japan Station Manager did apologize at the gate and when the door closed.." Thanks for your bountiful sympathy, SIA!
      Yes, I agree, it would have been better for them to just let the flight go and then not make it to SIN at all!

Comment

A friend of mine, who just arrived in LHR onboard SQ322 reported that they were stuck on the taxiway for an hour after landing and had to be towed to the gate. The captain reported that the wheel steering of the plane (9V-SKC) had failed.

Also, it seemed that the return flight, SQ317, would be delayed as it still had not took off from LHR.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Yes, I agree, it would have been better for them to just let the flight go and then not make it to SIN at all!
          You have a wicked sense of humour!
          Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

The problems with the A380s body gear steering are infamous and are still being worked out by Airbus. It's problems with the fuel gauges are also inherent. What bugs me is that the delay could have been greatly reduced if they fitted them with fuel measuring sticks which they have mysteriously left out ?Although none of these issues, if procedures are followed, will cause the ac to cr***h

Comment

Faulty fuel gauges! Now that's serious

Comment

delayed SQ321 LHR-SIN

A380 sat overnight at LHR on Sunday 10th

Comment

Take a read about the Gimli Glider....fuel gauges are a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirium View Post

Apologize is always free! Sometime is so frequent that one may say apologize just like a standard fomular without a feel.

Comment

Working...
                    X