Travelling over CNY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    sabian, when will you be in BCN? Seems like almost the same time I'm there...

9V-SIA, thanks for that piece of useful info, will rush some bookings now...
    SQ fares for most economy & business class sectors have increased from today, 1 Jan 2010.

Kyo,

You managed to firm up your bookings by 31 Dec 2009?

Luckily for me, I have made my bookings yesterday.

Comment

Grrr, SIA upped its fares for most routes, not sure if it is all routes.

Flights to Europe now costs $1600 (for a basic fare), without taxes. With tax, the amount can range from $1900+ all the way to $2000+.

Flights to Australia and Asia went up with $50. HK is now a ridiculous fare of $634. What are they thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        I'm finding it hard to get flights to FUK in Y.

J available but I'm not prepared to pay J prices for regional biz class ( non lie flat ) on a red eye

May end up in TYO again!

I'm very happy to hear that. BCN really is a wonderful city.

On a separate note, my travel agent just called to say SQ air fares will rise wef 1 jan 2010 so if you can firm up any dates in 2010, better do it today or tomorrow
        Thanks 9V-SIA for the fare increase info. Save a hundred bucks on my booking. Chilli crab on me next time.

Comment

mods - should we split the thread? I think the fare increase merits a separate thread on its own.

ex-UK

From a quick sample check Y and J fares ex-UK look the same to me. Maybe a couple of quid in it but not as drastic as ex-SIN.

No difference in J fares whether you fly the 77W or the A380 (with the usual exception of SQ322, which costs significantly more).

ex-JPN

For Y, SQ have re-introduced a "Sweet Deals" fare which costs 48k, about 10k yen higher than the previous lowest "flexi-saver" fare. Flexi savers now start at 53k yen, but on popular dates, such as the CNY period, only flexi tickets are available, starting at 106k yen.

J fares are broadly the same, although the option of flying SQ12 back into Tokyo often seems to cost more than flying SQ638.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            SQ fares for most economy & business class sectors have increased from today, 1 Jan 2010.

Kyo,

You managed to firm up your bookings by 31 Dec 2009?

Luckily for me, I have made my bookings yesterday.
            Nope, I've decided to vote with my wallet and book on another airline. Only an overnight jaunt, anyway. Congrats that you managed to book in time, though!

Comment

Working...
            X