No announcement yet.

NO IFE an hour before landing on flights to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if security measures increase for a while, it will die down in a few months. FAA is uncertain - what would you do in their situation? If the airlines can just blank out the flight maps via software before landing, so be it. When it turns off, you know you will be landing within the hour!!

I don't mind 2hra of checks for a 10hr flight buy I make more frequent short flights an hour or less and then it's a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
      Even if security measures increase for a while, it will die down in a few months.
      You mean like the liquids rules?
      Or the extra screening at gate for US-bound flights?
      Or limits on carry-ons for US-bound flights?
      Or ...

Oops - those measures, all announced as being temporary, are still with us.

Comment

No liquids went to 3oz bottles
        Gate screening went from 100% to random
        What carry-on limits??

So it's all back, there will be middle ground soon.... that being my point.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
          No liquids went to 3oz bottles
          Gate screening went from 100% to random
          What carry-on limits??

So it's all back, there will be middle ground soon.... that being my point.
          1) Previously we could carry as much liquids as we liked.
          2) On some routes to USA gate screening is 100%.
          3) Many airlines limit the amount of carry-on for flights to USA due to the rules. Eg flying Air NZ I can take 2 bags on any flight except to/from USA where I can only take 1 bag.

In all these cases the temporary rule became permanent.

Comment

Take it easy...each of you have your own valid point just different track.

Comment

I was on SQ2 yesterday and we had IFE till around 20~30 mins before touch down. (as usual). We can also use toilet until final touch down.
              I didn't feel any difference except the security check at HKG before boarding... they checked the carry-on baggage and conducted a body search to everyone.

Comment

these "restrictions" are more so for flights arriving into the US only or possibly to some eurpoean destinations like UK and France etc. But generally for Asia n intra-asia flights, its normal as usual. Do remember some years ago, the FAA also supposedly impose restrictions on pax gathering at the galley or snacks area or in a group whilst flight is even at cruising level.
                However if real security measures are to be taken seriously there must be some form of profiling as its impossible to check everyone fully.

Comment

Working...
                X