SYD - SQ 231 and SQ 232 changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYD - SQ 231 and SQ 232 changes?

I don't recall this being announced, but it appears that this route is going to be operated by 77W, instead of 73A? I was looking at mid next year, and could not find any J award on these flights.

It appears that from 28 March 2010,

SQ 231/232 goes from 73A to 77W,

and at the same time,

SQ 219/220 goes from 772 to either 73A or 773. (I *assume* its 73A...)

You're right though, this has not been announced by SQ.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
      I don't recall this being announced, but it appears that this route is going to be operated by 77W, instead of 73A? I was looking at mid next year, and could not find any J award on these flights.
      Intersting...I have a preexisting business saver award booking in J on SQ 231 in July. I now note it is listed as 777-300ER as you note above but when I go to select (actually change my seat), the configuration is still 2-2-2, not 1-2-1 as i would expext on the 777-300ER.Maybe the changes are still being updated...

Comment

231/232 was originally meant to been have operated by the 77W in JUL this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
          Intersting...I have a preexisting business saver award booking in J on SQ 231 in July. I now note it is listed as 777-300ER as you note above but when I go to select (actually change my seat), the configuration is still 2-2-2, not 1-2-1 as i would expext on the 777-300ER.Maybe the changes are still being updated...
          Woo Hoo! My 4th 772 C redemption that has morphed into a 77W But like you the aircraft shows 77W but seatmap is still 2-2-2.

Comment

This is great news I am coming back to Sydney in early June on SQ231 in J. Now showing 77W on my booking but is still in 2-2-2 config. I have seat 12A now on the 73A but will change to 11A when it configs to 1-2-1
            Last edited by SQ221; 26 December 2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

yay! new seats

Comment

Originally posted by BRANI View Post
                yay! new seats
                new seats = good

no awards = bad!

Comment

Seatmap updated now

Comment

Noted! Just rebooked our seats to 11D, F in the first row. Are these good seats?

Comment

Noted! Just rebooked our seats to 11D, F in the first row. Are these good seats?
                      Row 11 on the 77W is now the best row in J on any aircraft in the SQ fleet IMHO. 11A/K specifically as they are bulkhead window and I'm usually travelling alone. In fact as the gf complains that I always get the window seat when we travel together, I have put us in 11A and 12A for our next flight together on the 77W.

In fairness, there are those who like 14A/K. But they're just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Row 11 on the 77W is now the best row in J on any aircraft in the SQ fleet IMHO. 11A/K specifically as they are bulkhead window and I'm usually travelling alone. In fact as the gf complains that I always get the window seat when we travel together, I have put us in 11A and 12A for our next flight together on the 77W.
                        11A and K are still available but as it is a midnight flight, a window is not imperative! We can hold hands and whisper sweet nothings to each other in 11D, F In truth, I hope to be snoring within 45 mins of takeoff

Comment

We can hold hands and whisper sweet nothings to each other in 11D, F In truth, I hope to be snoring within 45 mins of takeoff
                          The gap between 11D & 11F is in my opinion easily over 0.5m so its gonna be a 'stretch'

Comment

11A and K are still available but as it is a midnight flight, a window is not imperative! We can hold hands and whisper sweet nothings to each other in 11D, F In truth, I hope to be snoring within 45 mins of takeoff
                            Loved the J minicabin on the 77W...fell into a deep coma an hour into the flight to be awoken 4 hours later to be informed that as we will be landing in 2 hours, breakfast was about to be served easily the best sleep I have ever had on aeroplane...should have requested not to be woken for breakfast!

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            The gap between 11D & 11F is in my opinion easily over 0.5m so its gonna be a 'stretch'
                            Yup, no hanky panky possible

Comment

Yup, no hanky panky possible
                              Many things are possible, but it's important to be discreet.

Comment

Working...
                              X