Travelling over Xmas Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling over Xmas Day

I am travelling over Xmas Eve and Xmas Day in F and was wondering if SQ offer any special Christmas meals or anything to acknowledge. I have looked online in SQ's website and there is no mention at all of this. I know that last year they did have turkey etc etc and this was announced in the media section on thier website.

You're highly likely to be offered roast turkey, I think

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_6708.jsp

Comment

Ok thanks - nice one, just noticed that the link provided was released 15th Dec 08 - so was just wondering re 09 release when they will do this??

Comment

No special Xmas fare

I flew KIX-SIN in economy on Christmas eve but there wasn't any special fare. The Japanese meal selection I had was good though.

Comment

I've got a menu from last night - it was indeed a special Christmas menu, and I'll put it up soon. Yes, turkey included

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              I flew KIX-SIN in economy on Christmas eve but there wasn't any special fare. The Japanese meal selection I had was good though.
              Not many Turkey options in Japan......you can find them at Costco most of the year, and some high-end supermarkets in the BIG cities. I have yet to see it pre-roasted and for sale unlike whole "yuletide" chickens... I did see a nice plate of x-mas sushi......Too bad about your flight! I was lucky to be invited to a x-mas party at the Grand Hyatt Fukuoka and the person asked for Turkey with all the trimmings to be served! It was delicious(then again the chef is from Canada)....

Comment

On 25 Dec, due to super light loads, SQ 308 (77W to LHR) , SQ 22 (EWR) and SQ 38 (LAX) were cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  On 25 Dec, due to super light loads, SQ 308 (77W to LHR) , SQ 22 (EWR) and SQ 38 (LAX) were cancelled.
                  Was prior notice given? When was notice of cancellation issued?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                    Very inconvenient indeed for those pax whose Christmas plans are ruined as a result. I would have been very disappointed if this had happened to me this year. Last year SQ308 was delayed 4 hours also on Christmas day, causing us to subsequently miss dinner reservations in London at a rather hard-to-get-reservations-at restaurant.

Comment

22 and 38 were in the single digit loads 2 days ago IIRC - very inconvenient to the handful indeed. Loads were similar on the 21 and 37 coming back.

But there's the flip side to the story. Some (not me - i sit on the fence on this one) would argue that running basically 30000+ miles of A340-500 ops over 4 flights to carry so few passengers is irresponsible.

Comment

Working...
                      X