Will SQ chill my Dom for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will SQ chill my Dom for me?

Am flying SIN-LHR-SIN in (Not so new) F in Jan 10. Its been over a year since i have been home to see the family and we are all meeting in london on the day i land.

I thought it would be rather nice to buy a couple of bottles of Dom P from duty free in SIN and share with my family when i get home.

Anyway, there is nothing worse than warm champers and was kinda thinking that i could ask the crew to put it in one of their chillers for the duration of he flight.

Anyone done this before?

THanks

J

It will warm up between getting off the plane and wherever you are headed.

Comment

Will the crew stow my DOM ?

you certainly can. Do explain briefly why you want it chilled. The crew will be more than willing to do so if they can allocate chiller space.

For London flights (or any long haul flights), stowage space is scarce, but towards the last 1-2 hours of the flight, when food items from the chillers have been consumed, there will be enough space for your poppers.

1) let the crew know way beforehand so that they can communicate this request among themselves and make prior arrangement

2) make sure you get the name of the crew handling your bottles - at the end of 13 hours, every one looks the same!

3) make sure that you get the right bottles back!

4) if you're travelling on premium, your request can probably be met earlier. Ratio wise. ( chiller space versus items)

Hope this helps. Have a great trip !
      www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        It will warm up between getting off the plane and wherever you are headed.
        You can get those chiller bags and pop it in before disembarking. Daiso has bags of various sizes which you might wanna check out.

It'll be great if the crew can ice it instead of placing in the chiller - the temperature is significantly lower. Downside - the precious logo will be soaked
        www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Jamiegutz, would it take too long to chill the bottles at home? Or do you plan to guzzle the bottles at LHR on arrival?

You might find CostCo a lot cheaper. Ask Mr Nickbot for advice!

Originally posted by xtramile View Post
          It'll be great if the crew can ice it instead of placing in the chiller - the temperature is significantly lower. Downside - the precious logo will be soaked
          I don't see how the logo could get soaked if the bottle is wrapped in plastic or some other protective covering before being placed in ice.

Comment

Working...
          X