Likelihood of waitlist going through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likelihood of waitlist going through?

Does anyone know how likely it is for a waitlist to be successful?

I'm currently confirmed for the 27 December ICN-SIN SQ603 flight, but have put myself on WL for the SQ15 flight later in the evening.

Is this flight really that popular? Or might there be a chance that someone will cancel their flights later on?

(I don't have status unfortunately...)

The Christmas season is a tough one to call, because SQ usually tends to get its loads up during that period. With recent promotions and the apparent loosening of its usual limits on overbooking, the flights may really be that full.

Good luck with the waitlist, though.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

603's usually dead as a doorknob in my experience. the early departure + old equipment combo make it a tad unappealing.

Comment

Yeah I'm really not keen on the early departure time either... I guess everyone has the same thoughts too but hopefully a seat will open up on sq15...

Comment

OP is waitlisted on SQ15, not 603.

I wouldn't put my word on a waitlist clearing and given that OP has no status, it is as close as zilch, consider how well SQ seem not to oversell their flights.

SQ 15 has a considerable amount of passenger enroute from SFO, so that makes fiiting in a tad more difficult.

Comment

Booked myself onto SQ2, SQ 1, then SQ 865, all in Y, on Friday for travel this week and returning from HKG on Christmas Eve, all were waitlisted ... TA said quite impossible for any confirmation....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              Booked myself onto SQ2, SQ 1, then SQ 865, all in Y, on Friday for travel this week and returning from HKG on Christmas Eve, all were waitlisted ... TA said quite impossible for any confirmation....
              SIN>>US vv are flat out this month up to Christmas. Been trying to plan a trip to SFO but cannot get any open dates to fit into my meetings.

Comment

Working...
              X