Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with slightly complex itinerary (SIN-AUH-DOH-AUH-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with slightly complex itinerary (SIN-AUH-DOH-AUH-SIN)

Hey guys,

This is my first post here so please pardon me if I am slightly ignorant. I have asked the same question over at FT at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...h-auh-sin.html.

I am trying to buy a ticket from Singapore to Doha via Abu Dhabi. The SIN-AUH segment is on SQ, and AUH-DOH is on EY (to DOH) and QR (from DOH).

1. I called up SQ and they mentioned that they were not able to issue the AUHDOH segments on the same ticket, meaning I have to purchase separate tickets. They did not seem too sure about interlining agreement with either EY or QR either so...

2. I called SQ and EY regarding interlining arrangements with each other. Strangely enough, while EY mentioned that they had interlining arrangements with SQ (but the agent did say they won't through check-in if not on the same ticket), SQ mentioned that they did not have interlining arrangements with EY. SQ said that they will do a through check-in in SIN as long as they have interlining arrangements with the other carrier and can see the other airline's e-ticket.

3. On the presumption that I am able to through check-in on the way there (but not back), I have allowed for a 95-minute connection in AUH to DOH, and a more than 2-hour connection on the way back.

I am trying to rack up some miles on SQ and thence, the slightly unusual routing. Thanks so much for all the help guys!

Cheers.

I had a similar situation a couple of years back, though not on SQ (it was MH KUL-EZE and EZE-GIG on RG). I ended up with separate tickets, but MH knew about my connecting flight cuz it was on my flight record with them as well. I tried to get a definitive answer regarding through check-in by calling the airport office, but could not get one. So, I was prepared to have to recheck the bags at EZE, but turns out the agent at KUL was indeed able to check it through to GIG on RG (and at EZE, I happily gave the RG gate agent my KF number).

My suggestion is to call the SQ airport office and see if they can give you a more definitive answer. Barring any definitive answer, you should prolly give yourself slightly more than 95 mins in AUH to connect to your EY flight. Also see if you can give all the respective airlines your connecting flight deets (albeit not on the same ticket)--in my experience, the more the airlines know about your full itinerary, the better prepared they are for contingencies in the event of delays, cancelations, etc.
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hi B727,

I tried calling the airlines but they said since they can't see each other's reservation records, there's nothing they could do except to try at the airport and see if they can check me through. SQ mentioned that as long as they can retrieve my EY e-ticket, it should not be a problem so finger's crossed.

Thanks for your time and help with this!

Cheerios.

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        Hi B727,

I tried calling the airlines but they said since they can't see each other's reservation records, there's nothing they could do except to try at the airport and see if they can check me through. SQ mentioned that as long as they can retrieve my EY e-ticket, it should not be a problem so finger's crossed.

Thanks for your time and help with this!

Cheerios.
        SQ does NOT need to 'retrieve' your EY e-ticket.. they just need to see it through a printed record that you have a connection and they will check you through.

Comment

Connections

Dear a340

I think most check in agents at the airports would be able to check your luggage through to your final destinations barring LCCs. However, since you have separate tickets, it is very likely that you would need to obtain your boarding passes as follow:

1. at SIN, boarding pass for SIN-AUH
          2. at AUH, boarding pass for AUH-DOH.

On the return leg, you will get the reverse order of passes at DOH and AUH respectively.
          there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

EY will only interline bags if on the same ticket. Even between two EY tickets, they will not interline.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              EY will only interline bags if on the same ticket. Even between two EY tickets, they will not interline.
              AFAIK, from MEL, EY will interline the luggage as long as the onward journey is not on LCC carrier... So I believe, the same rules will apply for EY throughout the world...

Comment

Aite, have a good trip and let us know how it goes!
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Just flew into DOH two days back, and I have to say the transfer was relatively seamless.

At SIN, the checkin agent tagged my bags as EY0395 XOZ (this appears to be a generic IATA transfer code??) via SQ0456 AUH. However, he advised that I needed to obtain the boarding pass for my AUH-DOH leg at AUH from an EY transfer counter and show them my SQ baggage tags. I did just that (after dashing out of the SQ flight), and when my bags eventually emerged at DOH, the XOZ part of the baggage tag had a handwritten sticker pasted over it saying Transfer to EY395 - DOH 25Dec. So it all worked out in the end.

I am hoping that the return from DOH-AUH-SIN will be similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X