Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Class Luggage Allowance.. *MORE*

Hi,
    Im travelling on SQ216 PER-SIN on business class redemption.
    Im actually moving to singapore as I have a job offer there. And my luggage is around 35-37kg.
    how generous are the check in staff with excess weight for business class and would the fact that im travelling on redemption make any difference?

Thanks in advance if someone can help me!

Originally posted by kikoenaivoice View Post
    Hi,
    Im travelling on SQ216 PER-SIN on business class redemption.
    Im actually moving to singapore as I have a job offer there. And my luggage is around 35-37kg.
    how generous are the check in staff with excess weight for business class and would the fact that im travelling on redemption make any difference?

Thanks in advance if someone can help me!
    at that amount, normally they close an eye. But note that this is not official and differs on a case by case basis

Comment

I've read somewhere that there was this "migration allowance" which allowed twice the amount, but not sure if you case qualifies as migration since you are moving there for long term yet you do not have an immigration visa.

Comment

What I've done before when I was on Business class redemption was to call KrisFlyer service and told them that I needed an extra 10kg waiver and the request was through in a couple of days. Don't call the reservation number and get diverted to the india call centre and they'll just tell you that they can't do anything about it.

Comment

SQ are pretty good about allowing extra baggage (for free) for migrants, as long as it is pre-arranged. Don't just turn up at check-in expecting to be able to talk your way out of excess baggage charges.

Don't forget for health & safety reasons you won't be able to put it all in one bag but instead limit each to a max 32kg.

Comment

i had 7 bags @ 30kg each + 1 bike (22kg) transported on a J ticket a month or two back..

This was on a BMI redemption and checking in 27 hours early.

If SQ tell you they can't change redemption bookings they are lying... the check in agent changed the flight to be one day earlier by mistake when doing checkin (confused the poor girl by doing early check in)

Comment

i just flew business and i took 35 kgs without them blinking..

I have also checked in 38kg with the same effect....

Comment

I have found the check-in staff at PER to be extremely generous with baggage allowances. Managed to check-in 47kg for 2 bags on a J redemption ticket through to SGN and this was without *G; which I didn't have a few years ago.

Comment

Checked in 40kg on two separate J redemption flights in the last couple of weeks. Didn't have any status in the bookings and was ready to show a *G card if they made a fuss, but not a peep.

Comment

A good portion of J travelers don't check-in luggage so it's really the average weight over all passengers that SQ is keeping track of. If the flight is getting heavy expect to pay. Also keep in mind that recent practice is to vary jet fuel load based on passenger and cargo weights, so that plays in some way.

Comment

Working...
                    X