Singapore to Barcelona on 77W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore to Barcelona on 77W

I'm really excited about taking SQ378 (using 77W) on 16 Feb from Singapore to Barcelona. Going up on Y but more importantly returning two weeks later on J (SQ377). My wife and I are booked on 18 D and F. Tickets all issued and I am ready to go! Has anyone flown on this sector before and has any useful tips to impart? Do they serve 2 or 3 meals on this flight via Milan? Are the biz class lounges at Barcelona and Milan anything to write home about? The transit time is only an hour and 10 mins in Milan so I dont know if you get access to the lounge even.

Heck, maybe I’ll even do my first SQ trip report on this.

Congratulations on choosing Singapore Airlines for your flight to Barcelona.

I think two full meals are served to Milan and then you get a token meal / snack from Milan to Barcelona but I could be wrong.

Comment

Please do a TR. AFAIK, we haven't had any Y reports yet.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        Please do a TR. AFAIK, we haven't had any Y reports yet.
        Right on. I'll do a TR on both a Y and J. It'll be good to read about what the new cattle class is all about.

Comment

When visiting the BA Terraces lounge in MXP, I remember seeing a sign for SQ pointing the same way so I think SQ use the BA lounge. There're some pictures of the lounge posted by LukeGT on here but the lounge is nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
            Right on. I'll do a TR on both a Y and J. It'll be good to read about what the new cattle class is all about.
            I will provide one TR on Y soon.

Comment

planemad, do you have to go through security at MXP on either/both ways enroute to BCN/SIN? Can I choose not to deplane at MXP?

Comment

9V-JKL, on SQ378 inbound from SIN all passengers must disembark. Few meters after Acft door you'll see 2 dragons to lead pax in the correct direction. Pax travelling to BCN must go upstairs.

Don't know about SQ377 but i'm pretty sure pax inbound from BCN have to disembark too!
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Mille Grazie LukeGT, will be on SQ377 actually. Anyways, never been to MXP, so I plan to see-see, look-look

Comment

please don't have too high expectations

Comment

Answering my own question. Pax on SQ 377 BCN-MXP-SIN are NOT allowed off the plane at MXP. Italian authorities insist pax remain on-board. Found out the hard way last Sat. No Gelato for me

Comment

9V-JKL, and what about SIN-MXP-BCN?

Comment

LukeGT, spoke with pax onboard who did SIN-MXP-BCN and they said they got off the plane at MXP. I didn't ask if they went through passport checks
                          Last edited by 9V-JKL; 25 April 2007, 09:09 AM. Reason: typo....got off the plane at MXP not BCN

Comment

I think you don't have to clear immigration but not sure about it!

Comment

Working...
                            X