Picture of pre-skysuite F seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of pre-skysuite F seat?

Does anyone have a picture to post of the F class seat pre-skysuite on the 747?
    When there were 16 F class seats rather than 12.
    Last edited by flyingfox; 2 December 2009, 05:28 AM.

No they were not the same seats as the current regional F. I think there was also an interim step inbetween - with 12 seats also.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...412/0047332/M/

interim step: 12 lie flats
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...412/0108953/M/

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      No they were not the same seats as the current regional F. I think there was also an interim step inbetween - with 12 seats also.

Thanks for the pics.

It looks as though the fabric was the same with the 12-seat interim cabin and the regional F.

Comment

I definitely remember these seats from a very long time ago.

I don't remember these seats as I didn't travel F during this phase. But with the exception of the color scheme, the F structure here looks identical to the F cabin of TG 744-Version 2 (The dreaded one with no PTVs in any cabins) which I took on BKK-CNX-BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post

I don't remember these seats as I didn't travel F during this phase. But with the exception of the color scheme, the F structure here looks identical to the F cabin of TG 744-Version 2 (The dreaded one with no PTVs in any cabins) which I took on BKK-CNX-BKK.
          TG744-2 with 14 seats does indeed have PTV in F (and maybe C, not sure).

Comment

Gosh, things have really moved on. I was on LH's First earlier this year and the SQ Interim F is pretty similar. Give me the New Business on SQ anytime.

I remember when BA first came up with their F about 12 years ago with single seats, and SQ followed suit not long after, and BA took legal action against SQ for copying!!

Comment

Actually the first picture is the old, old First Class. There were at least 20 seats in F at the time.

The second picture is what SQ called 'Slumberette' seats. IIRC this had two configurations: one with 16 seats in F (2-2 for rows 1 to 3, then 1-2-1 for row 4); the other one just 12 seats in F (same as above minus row 4).

Comment

I just pulled out a 1999 timetable.

B744
                P24 J53 Y316

F Configuration (24 seats!!)
                2-2
                2-2
                2-2
                2-2-2
                Door
                2-2-2

J Main Deck (19 seats main deck)
                2-3-2
                2-3-2
                2-3

J Upper Deck (
                8 rows of 2-2
                1 row of 2

There was also a version with 16 F seats (Slumberettes) like described above

Comment

If you like the classic & the oldies of SQ, here are some more...

Comment

My sis who has since moved to Tokyo bought a pair of SQ seats. Apparently SQ was selling some of their vintage seats sometime back and my sister as postmodern as she is bought a pair for her then funky room.

No, she didn't bring the seats with her to Tokyo of course, so they're still at my place.

They're either F or J seats. Been wondering. Maybe I should snap a pic of them.

Comment

Wow - blast from the past. Thanks for that SQTalker

Comment

I remember flying a P24 J70 Y316 744 in the early 1990s. In those days, seat pitch was only 42 inches. SQ then increased the pitch to 50 inches and reduced J to 53but the pinkish seats were the same so recline was only 8 inches or so. Then the Ultimo seats came on J together with skysuites, which was a big deal to me then.... then Spacebeds etc.

Diamond J, regardless of its drawbacks, is still better than F of the old!!

The only thing that has not changed is space in Y - despite all the niceties. In fact we will now go backwards in the next few years as the B777s are withdrawn - they had the biggest and most spacious Y seats (B772, B772E, B773, B773A). The A330 and 77W seats are narrower...

How things have changed

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                          My sis who has since moved to Tokyo bought a pair of SQ seats. Apparently SQ was selling some of their vintage seats sometime back and my sister as postmodern as she is bought a pair for her then funky room.

No, she didn't bring the seats with her to Tokyo of course, so they're still at my place.

They're either F or J seats. Been wondering. Maybe I should snap a pic of them.
                          Not only that, you could invite a few of us over to try them out!

*raises hand*

Comment

Thanks for the post, SQTalker.

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            I remember flying a P24 J70 Y316 744 in the early 1990s. In those days, seat pitch was only 42 inches. SQ then increased the pitch to 50 inches and reduced J to 53but the pinkish seats were the same so recline was only 8 inches or so. Then the Ultimo seats came on J together with skysuites, which was a big deal to me then.... then Spacebeds etc.

Diamond J, regardless of its drawbacks, is still better than F of the old!!
                            Exactly my sentiments. Current J class seat - or even the Spacebed is already better than F used to be.

On the 743 BIG TOPs, Raffles Class pitch was even shorter (38").

Comment

How about the old Nintendo Games on Big Top, you need to slide your credit card in order to pull out the games you like such as Donkey Kong, Super Mario, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X