SQ222 SYD-SIN which side of plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ222 SYD-SIN which side of plane

Does anyone know for this flight from Sydney to Singapore, which side of the plane is more exposed to the sun?

The flight is for early next year ( Australian summer)

I would like to select the side which does not have the sun beating in!

it's the left side who get most sun, stay to the right if you want to avoid sun.

Edit: didn't read properly - SQ222 leave @ afro
    Last edited by mhadian; 23 September 2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I'm so sorry but isn't the answer to this so amazingly obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
        it's the right side who get most sun, stay to the left if you want to avoid sun
        Really? I would've thought the left side would be exposed to more sun heading to SIN in the afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
          Really? I would've thought the left side would be exposed to more sun heading to SIN in the afternoon
          you are correct, didnt read the thread properly

Comment

Correct, left side should be where the sun is as in the afternoon, the sun will be in the west side, so logically should be left side of the aircraft.

Comment

East to West

Correct. The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. On this flight, the Sun would be more of an issue during the Antipodean Summer, Nov-Feb.
              Fewer people seem to know that the Moon also rises in the East and sets in the West.
              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Working at this logically, the flight is going more or less North-West.

In the southern hemisphere, the sun will be towards the north.

The right side of the plane will be more towards the north, and the left side of the plane will be more towards the west.

So, for this afternoon flight, I am just not sure whether the sun will be coming more from the north or the west!

Comment

it doesn't matter. 4 hours into the flight it gets dark anyhoo

Comment

you can shut the window anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                      Correct. The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. On this flight, the Sun would be more of an issue during the Antipodean Summer, Nov-Feb.
                      Fewer people seem to know that the Moon also rises in the East and sets in the West.
                      Well technically, the sun (or the moon for that matter) does not "rise" as such, as it is the earth that is rotating around the sun/moon

Comment

Early next year could possibly be the transitional period for landings where depending on the wind direction at the airport either the left or right side will face the sun.
                        In any case, SQ222 doesn't arrive till 9pm if I remember correctly and the sun has long set. And like SQistheBEST said, just shut the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                          Well technically, the sun (or the moon for that matter) does not "rise" as such, as it is the earth that is rotating around the sun/moon
                          Picky Picky ;-)
                          Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Working...
                          X