Retrieve booking online/internet check-in for persons with single name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve booking online/internet check-in for persons with single name

Does anybody know if there's a way to do these for pax with only one name (no last name)?
    SQ website requires both first and last name in order to retrieve bookings online or to do online check in.

I am hoping there's a way around it.

tried repeating the single name in the other field?

Comment

i only have one name, i retrieve it with putting same name twice. Sometimes it's working, sometimes is not ^^ but most of the time it's working.

If the person is KF member, you can ask the customer service to link the ticket

Comment

Repeating the name doesn't work unfortunately.
        Good idea, mhadian - I will just sign him up on KF even though he doesn't travel often enough to redeem/get status. Saves quite a bit of hassle. Thanks.

Comment

SQ used to do this by putting "1" in the reservation for people with only one official name. Try doing that.

eg.
          Firstname: madonna
          Lastname: 1

Comment

Duran Duran

My Indonesian wife has only one name and we have never had a problem with the "Duran Duran" option for online bookings or check-in with any carrier. Sometimes checking in at CGK, and more particularly in The US, there is a need to explain that there is only ONE Duran, not TWO when comparing reservation and Passport (Or was that Durian?) But Passport ID has always been OK, especially because Visas are required for Indonesian nationals in advance for everywhere outside ASEAN.
            Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 21 September 2009, 08:50 PM.
            Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Working...
            X