SQ Increasing DME-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Increasing DME-IAH

There's a thread on a.net saying SQ is increasing SQ62 from 4x weekly to 5x weekly. I checked the SQ timetable and the new weekly flight (Friday) is there beginning December 18.

Aircraft is still the 77W. Where is SQ getting the extra 77W from? My understanding is that all the 77Ws are being fully utilized right now. And even more so when the 744s are retired.

It takes a little over 48 hours for a 77W to fly SIN-DME-IAH-DME-SIN. I have to think some current 77W routes will be downgraded to 773 status for this extra flight to take place.

CO will be part of Star Alliance by then, so maybe this is has something to do with it.

I am guessing the 773 is clearing up the work that was previously done by a 77W.
    Indeed, CO joining star, it seems everywhere the star carriers are aligning at the moment.

Comment

Pretty surprising for a route which was rumored to be suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        Pretty surprising for a route which was rumored to be suspended.
        Those were really wild rumours from started by armchair CEOs

Comment

SIA increase Moscow / Houston

As per GDS timetable display on 16SEP09, Singapore Airlines is adding 5th weekly flight on the Singapore - Moscow - Houston service starting 18DEC09.

New frequency operates on Day 5

Comment

Not surprisingly, IAH has been able to retain a lot of the international airlines that started flying to this southwestern US gateway. The strength of the Texas economy is reflected in its booming cities as a result of the trickle down effect of the profits from its oil industry.
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

SQ seems to be cutting SQ326 on Sundays

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                That as a result of IAH-DME flights?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                  I wouldn't trust that pdf document. Considering that those involved in updating it have to go through hundreds of pages worth of edits. I wouldn't be surprised that there are errors littered throughout. It's just the change in timings for the flights. FRA still remains 14x.

Comment

After the announcement of daily flights of MUC-MAN on 1 Sep, DME-IAH is touted to be the next to go daily soon as well.

Comment

there been few instances where a 772ER was subsituted on this sector due non-avail of 77W

Comment

Do they have enough 77Ws for the daily SIN-DME-IAH flights?

Comment

SQ can always use the 772ERs should they go daily n if there's not enough 77W avail.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            SQ can always use the 772ERs should they go daily n if there's not enough 77W avail.
                            Wow 772ER has no first class but 77W has first class.

So you want the first class pax to be downgraded huh.

The loads on first class are relatively high for this sector.

Comment

Or will the route go A380? Just a guess..

Comment

Working...
                              X