Passenger Load Back Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Load Back Up

Looks like SQ passenger load is healthy now. My recent flights have been reasonably full in C/Y, some completely full. OTOH, I need to waitlist for D class now.

231 is going out 100% full in J tonight.

Comment

The next few days of SQ16 to SFO is also full in Y and J.

Comment

Didn't they ground some planes?
        Or are all of them back in service?

Comment

This brings another concern with increase load. Does SQ overbook flights? I know it is common in LCC and other airlines. Overbooking apparently is widely practised by airline industry to secure additional revenue and compensate for no-show.

Just wondering. But having flew SQ for many years so far, I've never encountered one instance where I was bumped off a flight I booked.

Comment

depending on where you are, being bumped off a SQ flight can be an extremely profitable exercise if you're not in a massive rush. that being said, SQ usually gets their sums right.

Comment

My dad was on SQ 38 a couple of days ago. He said it was about 70-80% full

Comment

can sometime tell me what load factors have been like for Adelaide Services

Comment

I think SQ is giving up a lot of money because of them being paranoid about overbooking. I am flying to ZRH on Friday morning. J is full and you cannot even get a ticket in Z. F is empty, no one booked. Do you think they would overbook and bump up pax (Z being more expensive than A). No way. I am sure the flight will leave with 0 pax in F.

Comment

SQ2 on Sep 15th seems...still selling tickets in cheap prices. (today is Sep 15th)
                    A lot of fares on this SQ2 are 9 seats left.

Comment

SIA Aug load falls 1.1%

SIA Aug load falls 1.1%
                      By Karamjit Kaur, Aviation Correspondent

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) said on Tuesday it filled 78.3 per cent of all seats in August, down 1.1 per cent from a year ago.

Network-wide, the airline carried 1.39 million passengers, 16 per cent fewer than the 1.66 million that flew with it a year ago.

In line with falling demand, SIA has taken steps to reduce capacity which fell by 12.9 per cent year-on-year.

Capacity is measured in terms of distance flown and the number of seats available.

On the cargo side, total freight carried last month tumbled 17 per cent to just 93 million kgs.

The airline said in a statement on Tuesday it will continue to monitor traffic movements and make necessary adjustments to match capacity to forward demand.

Comment

Originally posted by khellek View Post
                        [B][U]....SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) said on Tuesday it filled 78.3 per cent of all seats in August, down 1.1 per cent from a year ago.....
                        Wow! That means passenger load is back to pre-crisis level. No wonder I have trouble clearing D class now. I am getting depressed.

I know there are less aircraft flying less passengers, but the load is about the same as last year.
                        Last edited by TerryK; 15 September 2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Nothing is mentioned about the yields though...
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

post deleted
                            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Nothing is mentioned about the yields though...
                              They just sold A380 MEL-SIN-NRT-SIN-MEL in J for 4.500 SGD ex Australia. That's about 1.000 SGD per segment. For Singapore, only Z availability of course...

Comment

Working...
                              X