SQ 'listening'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ 'listening'...

Seems like there are a number of things SQ has done recently, *perhaps* from (finally) listening to its customers. The recent relaxing of TPR access policy is one good example.

Introduction of new F on regional routes is another - a very good move towards product standardization across its fleet.

I have recently noticed that they have added the number of Indonesia newspaper titles (and perhaps quantity as well) on CGK routes. There used to be only Jakarta Post & Kompas around and they always ran out in a snap. Now they have at least 4 titles (Media Indonesia & Bisnis Indonesia are now onboard).
    Not a very expensive thing to do to please your customers.

Any others?

Listening is good. Listening when times are good is even better. Listening only when the chips are down is better late than never though

Comment

Looks like a positive trend, StarG. I hope this heralds a new, more customer-centric approach, and a shift away from the customer-unfriendly changes from recent times.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 28 August 2009, 02:40 AM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Looks like a positive trend, StarG. I hope this heralds a new, more customer-centric approach, and a shift away from the customer-unfriendly changes from recent times.
        Hope you guys are right and continues even into good times. I am afraid SQ got very carried in the last good times that they forgot the ABCs of customer service. I now also see a more customer centric approach. These includes TPR access and additional 10% redemption discount for loyalty customer. Cabin crew are also nicer...not to say they are not nice before.

Comment

There is more in the pipeline, folks. And that will make everyone even happier.

I think that SQ has understood that while they were maximizing short-term profit when people lined up to fly SQ back-fired in the down-turn where people - including me - didn't feel to support SQ as loyality doesn't get rewarded.

Loyalty programs cost money - but losing customers and getting them back is more costly. While you sacrifice making the maximum profit in good times you stabilize your revenue and customer base in other times.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            There is more in the pipeline, folks. And that will make everyone even happier.
            I really hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Indeed I hope so. It has felt like us frequent customers are unwanted cost centers for them in recent years. More a burden than an appreciated customer.
              Like we should just take anything they give, bear with whatever cutbacks they bestow upon us, believe in whatever sugar-coated nonsense they say.
              It was foolish to think short term profit maximization was the way to go, while keep trying on how far they can go before they push loyal customers away.

[rant-off]

Hopefully we'll see more customer-friendly enhancements, in KrisFlyer/PPS Club and elsewhere soon.

Comment

heard that SQ have set up a customer care dept, headed by someone who was in loyalty program or something......... some changes coming up???
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  heard that SQ have set up a customer care dept, headed by someone who was in loyalty program or something......... some changes coming up???
                  We loyal pax maybe finally getting heard after a couple years in the wilderness. Sadly they have lost a number of previous die die must fly SQ customers and took a recession to awake a slumbering organization. They very nearly lost me too... I am certainly not their top grossing pax I am to add.

Having said that, I came across across a few SQ staff who cares for the customers and at the same time care for the organization they worked in. One of them actually forwarded my feedback personally to the management.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    The recent relaxing of TPR access policy is one good example.
                    I may have missed a thread on this (checked the TPR thread and didn't read anything that states on their policy change). Is there a thread on this somewhere?

cheers.

Comment

Try this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Try this one...
                        you are da man, thanks Kyo

Comment

Working...
                        X