Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Flight

SQ 346

What a flight, SQ 346 from Singapore to Zurich in Y. Had the most wonderful LSS serving in the cabin. Name is Kelly Tan.

The service started after take off and seat belt sign are off. She came by introduced herself to me and asked if I needed anything. Then proceeded to take my meal order and telling me the sequence in which when meals will be served. Then supper service began where I was served first before even special meals. It looked like I was the only PPS pax in Y on the flight. It was lights off after meal.

Struggling to sleep on the flight, tough life, but what to do, blame Lehman Brothers, AIG etc....

When I got up some 5 hours before landing, I went by the galley and got myself a drink; there the LSS asked if I needed anything else. Got myself a coffee later and the dear LSS even went into J to get me the special brew as a refill. Wonderful service. Before breakfast was served, she came by again and asked for my order, again was served first. The angmo sitting next to me was wondering whY. Had a long leisurely bf, where I could finish before anyone else and use the lavatory for the longest time after.

Every time the LSS walked by, she would asked if I needed anything. Just before landing she again came by and asked if I needed something before landing. Got so much attention showered on me by this LSS, even better then being in J cabin.

If there are more like her, I would really regret not be able to re-qualify for PPS.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

It is good to hear that you had such a great flight. This must be the best treatment that any PPS has ever had in Y in a long time. It is always great to have a great crew member on board.

Comment

Where is Kelly flying next?

Comment

Hi Kapitan,

You might have already done it, why don't you submit in a compliment note through the internet feedback channel for Kelly at www.singaporeair.com. This increases promotional chances (or least get to interview part of it) for her and the positive feedback loop encourages better services in the future.

How full was your flight?

Comment

Nice to hear of your pleasant experience.

These gestures by crew costs SQ nothing, nada.

Yet brings so much goodwill to the airline.

Management should treasure their crew, not treat them like a cost centre that can be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            Nice to hear of your pleasant experience.

These gestures by crew costs SQ nothing, nada.

Yet brings so much goodwill to the airline.

Management should treasure their crew, not treat them like a cost centre that can be cut.
            On my recent flights...I found service to be better. I got FAs "Thank You Mr/Ms LionCity" for your support". That is something I have not heard before and it happened not just once but 3-4 times.

Comment

The cynic in me would say they are only starting to improve when they are forced to take a paycut. That's when they start really treasuring their $$$ passengers - when it hits their bottom line.

Then again, I got my fave SQ stewardess (same as SIN-AMS last September) this past weekend who made a huge difference on SIN-PEK. The others seemed to still not care much/at all. No PPS love for me.

Comment

It's always nice to hear accounts of excellent service onboard.
                Excellent crew indeed make the flights much better. Y often feels better than J (servicewise).

I had an excellent set of cabin crew in J on my recent flight to HKG.
                Service was warm and full of non-robotic smiles ... was thanked for the support to the airline,... they walk around the cabin regularly to see if any pax need anything.

Unfortunately I had the exact opposite type on the way back HKG-SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  It's always nice to hear accounts of excellent service onboard.
                  Excellent crew indeed make the flights much better. Y often feels better than J (servicewise).

I had an excellent set of cabin crew in J on my recent flight to HKG.
                  Service was warm and full of non-robotic smiles ... was thanked for the support to the airline,... they walk around the cabin regularly to see if any pax need anything.

Unfortunately I had the exact opposite type on the way back HKG-SIN.
                  Just curious if you have heard the statement "Thank you for your support Mr. StarG" regularly or this is more a case during the downturn?

Comment

Only during the downturn.

Comment

Nice to hear you had a great experience, kapitan. Having status in such an airline really makes a difference when flying. It's these things some of us miss so much when daring to choose a different operator (either for route or cost reasons).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Only during the downturn.
                        Another new line I received this week on J from NRT to SIN - " You are our very important guest and please do not hesistate to call on me personally for anything". From the IFS no less. Had to resist asking for a glass of Dom...

Well, the downturn has some silver lining after all.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyooi View Post
                          Another new line I received this week on J from NRT to SIN - " You are our very important guest and please do not hesistate to call on me personally for anything". From the IFS no less. Had to resist asking for a glass of Dom...

Well, the downturn has some silver lining after all.

I think you should discreetly asked for a glass of DP. It does have some silver linings during the downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            SQ 346

What a flight, SQ 346 from Singapore to Zurich in Y. Had the most wonderful LSS serving in the cabin. Name is Kelly Tan.

The service started after take off and seat belt sign are off. She came by introduced herself to me and asked if I needed anything. Then proceeded to take my meal order and telling me the sequence in which when meals will be served. Then supper service began where I was served first before even special meals. It looked like I was the only PPS pax in Y on the flight. It was lights off after meal.

Struggling to sleep on the flight, tough life, but what to do, blame Lehman Brothers, AIG etc....

When I got up some 5 hours before landing, I went by the galley and got myself a drink; there the LSS asked if I needed anything else. Got myself a coffee later and the dear LSS even went into J to get me the special brew as a refill. Wonderful service. Before breakfast was served, she came by again and asked for my order, again was served first. The angmo sitting next to me was wondering whY. Had a long leisurely bf, where I could finish before anyone else and use the lavatory for the longest time after.

Every time the LSS walked by, she would asked if I needed anything. Just before landing she again came by and asked if I needed something before landing. Got so much attention showered on me by this LSS, even better then being in J cabin.

If there are more like her, I would really regret not be able to re-qualify for PPS.
                            I was shocked while reading that paragraph till I read the words highlighted in bold

Well glad to know you had such a wonderful trip in Y

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                              Hi Kapitan,

You might have already done it, why don't you submit in a compliment note through the internet feedback channel for Kelly at www.singaporeair.com. This increases promotional chances (or least get to interview part of it) for her and the positive feedback loop encourages better services in the future.

How full was your flight?
                              I did.....
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                              X