No announcement yet.

[Rumours] A380 Next Destination is Zurich in Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the efficiency and configurtion of A380 for premium vs. economy, doesn't it appear that SQ is targeting A380 for routes with a higher premium load. If one does a profit / sq-foot (by class segment) analysis for this aircraft, it may provide some clues:

Ex. SIN-HKG... is a A380 really necessary or do more folks fly J and potentially Suites?

Ex. LAX-SIN... cheap Y-tix but F/J is not always full. The A380 would be operationally more efficient, but yet they choose not to

Ex. SIN-ZRH... for those who fly this sector, is J/F generally full?

Comment

HKG may operate A380 till only Dec I heard, not sure the reason why though...

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        HKG may operate A380 till only Dec I heard, not sure the reason why though...
        Tsktsktsk

Comment

The 3rd LHR daily upgauge is quite possible, more so than SYD. Unless SYD goes back to 3x therefore requiring 2x388 & 1x773/W to maintain the capacity, the current 4x will be 3x773/W & 1x388.

Comment

And where are they going to find the birds?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              Cross your fingers guys, I have friends working as station managers in Zurich and they are in midst of preparing the A380, SQ's next destination, be prepared!
              I am highly skeptical...ZRH does not get good loads during days 1 to 5 based on my experience travelling SIN>>>ZRH>>>NEU and also a business peer doing the other way.

Unless if we merge the 2 77W dailies but i am not sure if you are going to get 2 x as much load as well.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                Given the efficiency and configuration of A380 for premium vs. economy, doesn't it appear that SQ is targeting A380 for routes with a higher premium load. If one does a profit / sq-foot (by class segment) analysis for this aircraft, it may provide some clues:
                Huh??? SQ's WhaleJets have 50% more F/R class seats than their 777-300ERs, almost 43% more J class, and 75% more whY seats.

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                Ex. SIN-ZRH... for those who fly this sector, is J/F generally full?
                I flew SQ between ZRH and SIN a couple of times last year. F was lightly loaded every time but J was more or less full every time. I didn't see whY class.

Comment

Working...
                X