Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do 777-200/200ER flights to Seoul-ICN have AVOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 777-200/200ER flights to Seoul-ICN have AVOD?

Do flights to Seoul on the B777-200 have any AVOD? What will be the possible reg. nos.?

Thanks in advance

Did the SQ603 (dep 0900hrs) this past Tuesday, ICN-SIN in J, B777-200, bird was 9V-SRG if I remember correctly. The 772ER has AVOD also in Y from what I can recall.

Yes, AVOD exists in J, but the seats are old regional type so no screens in the back of front seat, just retractable screens on the side of your seat's armrest.

I think though that on demand music is little bit different (wrt selection range) compared to Europe-Asia or Asia-U.S. routes, but I'm not very familiar with on-board entertainment as I seldom used the equipment and only in few cases listen to the New Age & Chill Out channel, so I stand to be corrected.

I am sure someone else here can easily and precisely confirm the above and/or advise you further on what exists on-board.
    Last edited by N_Architect; 7 August 2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Whether it will be AVOD or loop entertainment system depends on what kind of aircraft you get since not all 9V-SR* aircrafts have AVOD. There's always a chance that you will get a non-AVOD aircraft.

Comment

I thought All SIA Aircrafts have AVOD
        ok, maybe some regional routes don't.

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
          I thought All SIA Aircrafts have AVOD
          No they don't as pointed out above.

Comment

About five of the SQ*, SR* and SY* aircraft do not have AVOD. So that makes about 15 aircraft without it in the SQ fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
              About five of the SQ*, SR* and SY* aircraft do not have AVOD. So that makes about 15 aircraft without it in the SQ fleet.
              It's a bit more than that. 5 SY, 9 SR and 8 SQ which are non avod I think (less any retirements)

Can't remember off the top of my head.

602 is op'ed by an SR these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                It's a bit more than that. 5 SY, 9 SR and 8 SQ which are non avod I think (less any retirements).
                Wow... that's alot.

I thought they went out with the dinosaurs till I ended up on one a few months back. The plane looked really tired, screen was tiny with horrible resolution. After a spate of travelling on the 77W, I was so, so disappointed. On top of that, the sound was not working well and they had to clean the tape and restart!

But the old J class regional seat was comfy enuf, and the glass of champagne on my table was never allowed to empty throughout the flight, so that took some disappointment off. AVOD not so critical after all, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                  Wow... that's alot.
                  Yeah, quite a bit, and the SY's selected for refurbishment already had AVOD, so until SYA-SYE, SRA-SRI and SQA-SQH leave the fleet, i think those numbers apply.

Once those are gone, it'll be a 100 % strike rate.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X