Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some expert Help with upcoming flights

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can give me your excellent advice on a few questions I have about an upcoming trip. It's my first post so many thanks in advance and I hope I can offer something back in the future to the forum

1 On the A380 which of the 4 cabins is the best for a party of 3. I have reserved seats in 34ABC but noticed this was the biggest of the economy sections. Is there any benefits sitting in one section over another. I was thinking about the topdeck as there is space but thought the 3 seats were a better fit than the 2-4-2 format?

2) Our first flight is the 6.30 from Heathrow arriving into SIN mid afternoon local time, our on-going flight to Brisbane is not until the following morning. What will happen to our luggage from the first flight, will we need to collect it at SIN and re-checkin in the morning? or will it be kept in storage by the airline until the next flight?

3) Kids meals - Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what the Y Childrens meals are on this route?

Thanks

1) To me, the upper deck is the best still for economy as the main deck is very packed and crowded

2) Pls check your flight carefully, this flight timing is NOT on the A380, rather, it is the B777-300ER (SQ319), you should either take (SQ317 departing around late morning 12pm OR SQ321 departing evening around 10pm as these 2 flights are operated by A380)
    Seems SQ317 is the better timing for you as it arrives in SIN around 8am SIN time, then with just an hour's transit, you will be off to BNE departing at 0955hours.
    You can check your baggage all the way to BNE without collecting it at Singapore.

3) You can request a child menu in advance, I only know child menu will be served first prior to the standard menus, but I do not know how the menu is like, hope other SQtalk members can help you with this.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk blackcurrent. Not enough experiences on A380s to comment. Hope you have a nice trip to Brisbane.

Comment

1) Upper deck, but if you're travelling with kids who want to roam around a bit more, the lower deck may be better...

2) You can check everything all the way to BNE from Heathrow...

3) I think SQ's kids offerings should be quite decent with something that will probably appeal to their appetites, maybe someone else can comment..

Comment

I would stick to the lower deck as you can get three seats together by the window.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcurrent View Post
            3) Kids meals - Does anyone have experience or knowledge of what the Y Childrens meals are on this route?
            You should not assume that they will cater kids meals for your kids on all your flights -- they may serve adults meals unless you call SQ reservations to order kids meals for your kids. In Y, you will not have any choice on what the kids meals will be, but the main courses tend to be things like spaghetti with meatballs, chicken nuggets or fish fingers, served together with a Cartoon Network plastic lunchbox that the kids can take home that also contains snacks (e.g. raisins, candy, biscuits and chocolate) and a kid-friendly drink (juice or Ribena).

Comment

blackcurrent, Samples of child meal as shown below.

But remember to request in advance, call SQ up & let them know.

CHILD MEAL
              If you are travelling with a child between the ages of two and seven, you may want to order the special child meal. The child meal features smaller portions and finger foods. Spicy items are eliminated. Candy and chocolate bars are available.
              Example
              Hors d’oeuvre - carrot and cucumber sticks with dressing
              Main course - spaghetti with meatballs / nuggets served with cooked vegetables, accompanied by rice / mashed potato and bread roll with butter.
              Dessert - fresh fruit platter / pudding / jelly
              Beverages - milk / mineral water / fruit juice

Comment

Thanks guys there has been some real help in your replies.

The flights is 777 from Heathrow so the A380 questions were reference the way back to London. We will be on A380 all the way back from SYD to LHR.
                I think we will stick with row 34 ABC It's right at the front of economy and it's 3 seats by ourselves so no one to get passed etc.... Upstairs would be better if it was the 2 or 4 of us but not for 3 really.

Reference baggage I'm not really any the wiser if I will need to collect in SIN or not really...thanks anyway lol We are staying at the Crown Plaza between flights so just need to know if we will be living out of hand luggage or will get our suitcases in between flights

The meals have been a great help, we selected Child meal while making the online booking on the Singapore Airlines Website so I trust that it will be ok, maybe I will give them a call a few days before just to make sure everything is loaded in the right systems.

Thanks Guys....

Comment

When you check in you can tell them that you would like to pick up your luggage at SIN so you have everything for the night there.

Comment

Working...
                  X